Home

Question on how to keep players leaving

This is a discussion on Question on how to keep players leaving within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #41
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Question on how to keep players leaving

its possible. hit Y and it brings up the position charters. You'll then see in the upper right hand corner you can change the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #42
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

by the way tried having two players on at the same time and it didn't work.

might try a few other work arounds this evening. but right now i don't think its possible for anybody other than the commish have it work. anybody who says otherwise at this point needs to figure out how they did it or IMO they're mistaken.

btw its pretty easy to confirm if a commish has talked to his players. when you advance to recruiting everybody should be at 10 hours. in fact i would say everybody should be telling their commish to have his 10 hours confirmed by a few sources.

if you see your commish has less than that, he cheated.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #43
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Workaround that I wanted to try last night, if anybody is at home today and feels like testing it out that would be great:

--------------------------------------

As a non commish:

Go to the offseason. Go to the players leaving. Do the players leaving only, but do not check that you're done with it or sim past it.

Then go to the depth chart, or anything else you can possibly change that it would have to track and save before letting you log out of the dynasty, including coaching strategy, things of that nature. Change a couple of random things so that it has to save your progress. Exit out of the dynasty... It should have to save your progress at that point, and I'm thinking it would therefore also save your progress talking to your players about saving.... Then re-enter the dynasty, and click through to confirm that you're done with players leaving.

Would that not work either?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Workaround that I wanted to try last night, if anybody is at home today and feels like testing it out that would be great:

--------------------------------------

As a non commish:

Go to the offseason. Go to the players leaving. Do the players leaving only, but do not check that you're done with it or sim past it.

Then go to the depth chart, or anything else you can possibly change that it would have to track and save before letting you log out of the dynasty, including coaching strategy, things of that nature. Change a couple of random things so that it has to save your progress. Exit out of the dynasty... It should have to save your progress at that point, and I'm thinking it would therefore also save your progress talking to your players about saving.... Then re-enter the dynasty, and click through to confirm that you're done with players leaving.

Would that not work either?

I dont think there is anything you can do in the step to update it. You cant goto or reorder a depth chart. I dont even think you can get out to your dynasty setting to change coaching methods or anything (but that stuff is probably saved locally anyway) and you dont have anything you can do in recruiting. If you could get into your recruiting menu maybe you could change your recruiting stratagy or something to get it to update.

Also, im 99% sure we had 2/6 players keep people, the commish +1. I know bc the other 4 of us made a big stink about it but there is really no way to prove it.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #45
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah IMO the ones that are getting players to stay are inadvertently doing something extra that the others aren't doing... I don't think it would randomly work or not work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2
From what I understand...

You can talk players into staying and after each player you talk into staying you need to log off, and and then re-logon with the information saved both on your CPU and the server.

Supposedly it has worked for some, not sure if it works for everyone.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: From what I understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMlawdog
You can talk players into staying and after each player you talk into staying you need to log off, and and then re-logon with the information saved both on your CPU and the server.

Supposedly it has worked for some, not sure if it works for everyone.
im not really following that... can you go into detail.

I'll say it again... it is Ridicules and embarrassing for EA that we are even having to discuss work arounds for this...
Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #48
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd be fine with the Offline work-a-round if it wasn't for the reset coach integrity and the bugs involved with inviting people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »