Home

Tips and tricks thread - Establishing a pass rush

This is a discussion on Tips and tricks thread - Establishing a pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 02:43 AM   #9
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Tips and tricks thread - Establishing a pass rush

Wow...over 70 sacks in two seasons. Please, this is rather ridiculous and I hope you are joking. No one is going to want that sort of unrealistic gameplay. You are averaging 3 sacks a game with those stats. I think the record for the NCAA is 20-something, Selvie almost broke it last year.

Like I said, I hope you are joking.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:00 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

^^See but that just shows another flaw with the game, speed seems to be the only attribute that matters. A 5-10 190 pound guy should get demolished at defensive end.

Also this is just a guess but the op was probally lining up way to the outside and speed rushing, which would be pretty cheap. Then again with the insanely good pass blocking linemen this year I might try something desperate too.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:51 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I get to many sacks.....with the CPU pass blocking at 20 and break block turned down to 80 which is more median than most sliders I've seen....I racked up 22 sacks with Everson Griffen...I watched my brother play a season as Tennessee on these and he had nearly 30...

The one thing that I can assuredly say though is it is easier to rush from the right side than the left side, that may be because most RT's are worse than LT's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #12
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Last year I would use my FS. He was a 99 OVR with 99 speed and I would run a man under and blitz him from the end. Most times the LT would slide over to block or chop me but sometimes I could get around the end for a sack. 99% of the time when I did get by the QB would throw it while I was mid-dive.

BTW I just got an all time high for sacks in one game with 7, I was playing Houston and I think 5 of them came on screens.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

i'm interested if you guys use the sprint button as soon as the ball is snapped or not.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #14
Banned

I turned CPU PB UP to 75 and HUM BB at 25 and have doubled my sacks. I am seeing DE's running around tackles full bore on some plays. I had to watch replays to make sure I wasn't imagining. This was on varsity fyi. I also adjusted the penalty sliders to the recommended settings.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I want to get sacks without havint to use cheap exploits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #16
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

I play my DE as he is positioned within the defense. I don't move him around to create better rushing angles. If he is stunting with the DT on a given play, I'll rush from the inside as diagramed. I try to jump the snap and sprint upfield. Most times, the RT will shuffle back to form a pocket leaving room to create pressure from the outside.

It feels slightly cheap because of the speed advantage, but then again, does it feel cheap when you run a stretch, toss, or option play with a 95+ speed HB and can outrun the defense to the corner, turn up field, and score at any given time? Is it cheap to control a linebacker and patrol the middle of the field when he is supposed to cover the flat or has a man assignment to a RB? Again, this is the only player I'm controlling on my defense. I play my assignment as designed. By the way, I've seen plenty of 6'0", 200 lbs. DE's with B+ speed that are recruitable every season. I would've never used him at DE in the first place if 1) the need wasn't there and 2) he was rated better at the DE position than the HB position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »