Home

Remaking 1997 season!!!!

This is a discussion on Remaking 1997 season!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:35 PM   #41
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Remaking 1997 season!!!!

im still in if we're doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #42
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
Gonna be alot of work. I would just buy a copy of College Football '97.
Actually you would need CFB '98.

That game was awesome because it allowed you to chose the option of a 16-team playoff at the end of each season. Damn BCS!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 09-17-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #43
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccVols
well manning like 10000 yards passing and lost the heisman to a guy with like 5 ints and a couple punt returns for tds....sad really
Dude, Woodson OWNED that year. Whether he had 5 picks or not, he shut things down. I didnt really watch college football until that year, and I'll never forget that one-handed INT he caught against Mich. St.

Now that I think of it, he's one of the main reasons I started watching college football....well until I decided to go to OU
Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #44
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

1998 would be better. Then I could play with Tim Couch and Craig Yeast. Plus you could use NCAA Gamebreaker's ratings as somewhat of a guideline which were at least somewhat decent (playmakers in todays game are the same as gamebreakers were back then).
Old 09-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #45
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
1998 would be better. Then I could play with Tim Couch and Craig Yeast. Plus you could use NCAA Gamebreaker's ratings as somewhat of a guideline which were at least somewhat decent (playmakers in todays game are the same as gamebreakers were back then).
That was a great feature back in the day. My friends and I could pick teams we didn't know to much about, but could still identify who our playmakers were without having to read up on the roster files first. Ricky Williams was a beast in that game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #46
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan1993
Nebraska was considered the national champ in most peoples book that year....
Maybe most people in ethanol country! I'm not going to deny that there was a split decision by the polls that year, so if you want to talk about co-national champs, or whatever, so be it.

But you don't leap-frog a number one just because your coach decides to announce his retirement BEFORE the final polls came out (wasn't it like January 2nd or something?). Not even to mention the fact that Nebraska didn't even actually beat Missouri that year either, at least not without an illegal play. The call was made how it was made, but that shouldn't preclude more voters from "nullifying" that result with the votes in the Coach/AP polls.

Also, don't tell me about our poor bowl game matchup and that we only beat Washington St. It was the ROSE BOWL, first of all, and it wasn't our fault that the Pac 10 champion that year sucked. And no, Michigan didn't play Nebraska that year, but neither did Nebraska play the real #1 team, which was Michigan, so I fail to see how that argument works.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

As a Michigan fan obviously I didn't want to share the national title with Nebraska, but you can't really say for certain who deserved it more. Michigan went undefeated against a very tough schedule, and Nebraska went undefeated against a very tough schedule...you can't do much more than that. Both UM and Nebraska had very close calls against similar teams: Nebraska beat Missouri on a miracle TD in OT (Mizzou finished 7-4) and Michigan came back from 14 points down to beat Iowa 28-24 (Iowa finished 7-5).

And as for the bowl games, yes the Cornhuskers were impressive in their dismantling of Manning and the Vols, but no one can say that Michigan didn't deserve the title based on beating Wash. St. by only five points in the Rose Bowl. The Wolverines weren't known as a great offensive team that year, they won with defense. And if I recall correctly, Wash State was ranked #8 in the polls and ranked #1 in pretty much every offensive category that year and we held them to 16 points...our offense scored just enough to win because that's what it did all year long.

Anyway I'm content with how things finished that year, but obviously I wish that Michigan and Nebraska would have had the chance to go head to head. It would have been a close game, but I think that Michigan's D would have done to Nebraska what it did to Wash. St and the Wolverine offense would have scored enough to win.

1901 1902 1903 1904 1918 1923 1932 1933 1947 1948 1997

UM Basketball National Championships

Final Fours

1964 1965 1976 1989 1992 1993
Old 09-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #48
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm just curious, but does Michigan still recognize the Final Fours of 92-93? I watched a "Beyond the Glory" about the Fab 5, and I could remember Jalen being pissed because they essentially "erased us" from history. Of course this goes back to their recruitment and various gifts received from boosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »