Home

Online Disconnects...league unplayable

This is a discussion on Online Disconnects...league unplayable within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #1
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3
Online Disconnects...league unplayable

Started a league with four of my buddies. Problem is we all have disconnect issues. Mine are almost always as soon as the game loads, before the coin toss.

This is post patch and happens even in quick games outside of the online league. It's at the point where we are all ready to quit and sell the game on eBay.

Frustrating. I have had no other issues with online gaming with anything else on the 360 and my router has the latest firmware revision...

Anyone have any thoughts?

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Online Disconnects...league unplayable

There was this problem pre-patch.

It is believed to be tied to stadium sounds. Delete them then try. It worked for me and some others.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #3
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
There was this problem pre-patch.

It is believed to be tied to stadium sounds. Delete them then try. It worked for me and some others.
I think I am the only one that has them enabled and non of us are using teams that utilize them. Plus...it happens in game attempts between people that don't have them enabled.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
I think I am the only one that has them enabled and non of us are using teams that utilize them. Plus...it happens in game attempts between people that don't have them enabled.

it doesn't matter if you're playing with a team that has them or not. if you have more than "x" number of sounds, then you will likely have problems (some people say that magic number is less than 22....i have 32 on mine and it works fine - anything more than that and the game will not connect).

you should try deleting them and see if you can connect. what's it gonna hurt to try?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock
it doesn't matter if you're playing with a team that has them or not. if you have more than "x" number of sounds, then you will likely have problems (some people say that magic number is less than 22....i have 32 on mine and it works fine - anything more than that and the game will not connect).

you should try deleting them and see if you can connect. what's it gonna hurt to try?
It doesn't hurt. It's just kind of ridiculous. Isn't there an option to just disable custom sounds without actually "deleting" the config?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
It doesn't hurt. It's just kind of ridiculous. Isn't there an option to just disable custom sounds without actually "deleting" the config?

oh, i agree that's it's ridiculous. but if you want the game to work, you can't put all of the custom sounds in there....you've got to pick and choose.

that glitch should have been addressed in the patch, but i guess EA didn't care enough about one of their glorious new features.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock
oh, i agree that's it's ridiculous. but if you want the game to work, you can't put all of the custom sounds in there....you've got to pick and choose.

that glitch should have been addressed in the patch, but i guess EA didn't care enough about one of their glorious new features.
So is that absolutely the cause? Not rosters or anything else?

I know I only have like 17 songs in there or something.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
So is that absolutely the cause? Not rosters or anything else?

I know I only have like 17 songs in there or something.

i can only tell you that it was most definitely the cause for me. as soon as i put my songs on there, i got the "the connection to your opponent has been lost" error message right before the coin toss.

what i did was, i took all of the sounds off of the game & deleted all of them off of my hard drive. then i re-ripped them to the hard drive and set them back up, but i only did 32 sounds. it works perfectly now.

i have tried to add more sounds, but every time i do, i get the error message again.

hope that helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »