Home

A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

This is a discussion on A couple of quick questions about recruiting. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

I'm in my first offseason, and I've never been this involved in recruiting, so I'm kind of new at it even though I've played NCAA for years. A couple of quick questions if someone doesn't mind to answer them.

1. I have 25 scholarships......do you get 25 every year?
2. Is it wise to try and use all 25 scholarships every year even if it means signing crappier players and signing for positions that you don't need?
3. Is there a roster cap, and if so, what is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
Rookie

DaNextPhenom25's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision
I'm in my first offseason, and I've never been this involved in recruiting, so I'm kind of new at it even though I've played NCAA for years. A couple of quick questions if someone doesn't mind to answer them.

1. I have 25 scholarships......do you get 25 every year?
2. Is it wise to try and use all 25 scholarships every year even if it means signing crappier players and signing for positions that you don't need?
3. Is there a roster cap, and if so, what is it?
1. Yes.
2. It might be useful to sign a couple extra players for positions that aren't urgent, but you have to watch out and make sure that it doesn't interfere with any promises you've made in past seasons.
3. 70
Old 08-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

2) You could always sign 25 guys each year if you wanted. Since you only have 70 roster slots this would mean that you're always signing more than you can keep and then cutting the ones that aren't good enough. This would give you the stronger team since there are times when that 3* guy that you signed after you already had 70 guys is actually better than that 4* guy you signed during the season.

I would advise against this, however, especially if you're using a good team. Recruiting is very, very easy in this game and you're going to end up with ridiculous teams if you do this. I use a house rule to only sign enough guys to get to maybe 73 or 74 so I can't cut that many. I also use a house rule to not allow myself to talk anyone into staying that wants to leave just so that my team isn't completely stacked all the time.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Sorry I have a question within the question. Does cutting Freshmen or any player lower your integrity? And is the only way to higher your integrity by handing out promises? Because I was in year 6 of my PITT dynasty and still didnt have much integrity. But the thing is I almost never make promises other than no red shirt first year.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Sorry I have a question within the question. Does cutting Freshmen or any player lower your integrity? And is the only way to higher your integrity by handing out promises? Because I was in year 6 of my PITT dynasty and still didnt have much integrity. But the thing is I almost never make promises other than no red shirt first year.
I believe that the only thing that affects your integrity is promises. To raise mine, I make as many promises as I can keep to everyone that I recruit in the offseason. Even if I'm #1 on their list with noone else contending, I'll still promise him just so I can build my integrity. I'll do the no redshirt if I can and I always give the national TV exposure (I'm Michigan) when it's available. I also do the winning record vs. rivals every year since 2 of my 4 rivals are Minnesota and MSU.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I believe that the only thing that affects your integrity is promises. To raise mine, I make as many promises as I can keep to everyone that I recruit in the offseason. Even if I'm #1 on their list with noone else contending, I'll still promise him just so I can build my integrity. I'll do the no redshirt if I can and I always give the national TV exposure (I'm Michigan) when it's available. I also do the winning record vs. rivals every year since 2 of my 4 rivals are Minnesota and MSU.
Ok thanks
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

House Rule = Only sign as many players as u have Seniors graduating

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »