Home

A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

This is a discussion on A couple of quick questions about recruiting. within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Sep 2003
A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

I'm in my first offseason, and I've never been this involved in recruiting, so I'm kind of new at it even though I've played NCAA for years. A couple of quick questions if someone doesn't mind to answer them.

1. I have 25 scholarships......do you get 25 every year?
2. Is it wise to try and use all 25 scholarships every year even if it means signing crappier players and signing for positions that you don't need?
3. Is there a roster cap, and if so, what is it?
blurredvision is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie
 
DaNextPhenom25's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Re: A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision
I'm in my first offseason, and I've never been this involved in recruiting, so I'm kind of new at it even though I've played NCAA for years. A couple of quick questions if someone doesn't mind to answer them.

1. I have 25 scholarships......do you get 25 every year?
2. Is it wise to try and use all 25 scholarships every year even if it means signing crappier players and signing for positions that you don't need?
3. Is there a roster cap, and if so, what is it?
1. Yes.
2. It might be useful to sign a couple extra players for positions that aren't urgent, but you have to watch out and make sure that it doesn't interfere with any promises you've made in past seasons.
3. 70
__________________
Go BUCKS!
DaNextPhenom25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
MVP
 
jello1717's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

2) You could always sign 25 guys each year if you wanted. Since you only have 70 roster slots this would mean that you're always signing more than you can keep and then cutting the ones that aren't good enough. This would give you the stronger team since there are times when that 3* guy that you signed after you already had 70 guys is actually better than that 4* guy you signed during the season.

I would advise against this, however, especially if you're using a good team. Recruiting is very, very easy in this game and you're going to end up with ridiculous teams if you do this. I use a house rule to only sign enough guys to get to maybe 73 or 74 so I can't cut that many. I also use a house rule to not allow myself to talk anyone into staying that wants to leave just so that my team isn't completely stacked all the time.
__________________
Favorite Teams:
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
jello1717 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Sep 2003
Re: A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
blurredvision is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Pro
 
Andrews85's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Re: A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

Sorry I have a question within the question. Does cutting Freshmen or any player lower your integrity? And is the only way to higher your integrity by handing out promises? Because I was in year 6 of my PITT dynasty and still didnt have much integrity. But the thing is I almost never make promises other than no red shirt first year.
__________________
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Andrews85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
MVP
 
jello1717's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Sorry I have a question within the question. Does cutting Freshmen or any player lower your integrity? And is the only way to higher your integrity by handing out promises? Because I was in year 6 of my PITT dynasty and still didnt have much integrity. But the thing is I almost never make promises other than no red shirt first year.
I believe that the only thing that affects your integrity is promises. To raise mine, I make as many promises as I can keep to everyone that I recruit in the offseason. Even if I'm #1 on their list with noone else contending, I'll still promise him just so I can build my integrity. I'll do the no redshirt if I can and I always give the national TV exposure (I'm Michigan) when it's available. I also do the winning record vs. rivals every year since 2 of my 4 rivals are Minnesota and MSU.
__________________
Favorite Teams:
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
jello1717 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
Pro
 
Andrews85's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Re: A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I believe that the only thing that affects your integrity is promises. To raise mine, I make as many promises as I can keep to everyone that I recruit in the offseason. Even if I'm #1 on their list with noone else contending, I'll still promise him just so I can build my integrity. I'll do the no redshirt if I can and I always give the national TV exposure (I'm Michigan) when it's available. I also do the winning record vs. rivals every year since 2 of my 4 rivals are Minnesota and MSU.
Ok thanks
__________________
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Andrews85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #8
MVP
 
deucepoppi17's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Apr 2006
Re: A couple of quick questions about recruiting.

House Rule = Only sign as many players as u have Seniors graduating
deucepoppi17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Top -