Home

Patch #2 PS3 Status

This is a discussion on Patch #2 PS3 Status within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Patch #2 PS3 Status

Not a long time member here on this site, and its easy to tell with the lack of responses i have on my posts....But If there's one question i'd want answered it'd be this one.

When would you think they are going to release the patch?

I can see why you'd want to clarify the delay...and the circumstances leading up to it and all, but I have no control over that.

I'd just like to have the complete game before football season.

Once again...i see why and how we don't have it yet...but how long are we going to wait, in your estimation.

Last edited by LtClaybon; 08-25-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #50
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
So patch 2 is in Sony's hands right now and ready for release anyday now? Doesn't sound like there is much left to do. Then again, I'm not the patch timeline guru.
No. I believe his first post stated they are talking to Sony get it back into testing. In my eyes, this means it's not with Sony as of that post, and based on history, it'll probably be another 3 weeks before it's released.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #51
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I've heard we will have to wait possibly two more weeks. The info on this is nice but overall this blows. Other than getting the patch for NCAA first last year, the PS3 user has been shafted in almost every possible way by EA's sports franchises.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
No. I believe his first post stated they are talking to Sony get it back into testing. In my eyes, this means it's not with Sony as of that post, and based on history, it'll probably be another 3 weeks before it's released.
Sony has the patch, however more than likely it is at the back of the list now. There are a bunch of games and patches coming out in the next couple months that Sony is probably busy testing so I would not be surprised that its another couple weeks.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #53
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I've heard we will have to wait possibly two more weeks. The info on this is nice but overall this blows. Other than getting the patch for NCAA first last year, the PS3 user has been shafted in almost every possible way by EA's sports franchises.
Where did you here that?

And also if EA thought that something was wrong with the patch and weren't sure why couldn't they just tell sony to keep testing but that they were looking into an issue and that if they found one to stop testing? If the issue was confirmed non existant the testing would have already been mostly done.

Last edited by RAZRr1275; 08-25-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 24

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #55
Banned

noles1983's Arena

OVR: 2

inexcusable...releasing a half assed buggy game that needs not 1 but 2 patches. What kind of grab@ss operation is EA running?? And the fact that it takes over 2 weeks longer than the xbox to get an update is mind boggling. **** you EA and Sony!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phattferd
I'm sorry and I know I am going to take crap for this, but I am extremely upset.

There was a mistake from EA's part on the first patch and it got delayed. Now they have another mistake (or thought they made a mistake) and it's delayed again. EA needs to step up their work to make sure these mistakes don't happen. I already sold my game back because I am tired of waiting for the patches to correct the mistakes EA made at release.

I appreciate the EA guys coming on here and giving us updates. I know they don't have to, so I do appreciate it. However, I am tired of hearing "we delayed the patch because we don't want to give you a bad product". How about you don't make mistakes all the time. I can understand a mistake, we all make them and it happens, but this is not the first one.

There were a bunch of mistakes in the release (requiring the patch). A mistake on patch 1 and a mistake now on patch 2.
Technically if they didn't release it to Sony yet...there is no mistake yet....you only know about it from inside information.

Just an FYI.

Sucks that it will be awhile...but ah well what can you do?

If my biggest gripe in life is waiting for a video game patch....ive got it good!

Last edited by Ruffy; 08-25-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »