Home

**Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #49
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Request List For NCAA 2010

Some stuff from other wishlist threads around the board.

- The ability to sort ratings by conference
- Bigger audible playbooks so that you can run a hurry up offense with your full playbook if your playing as a team like Tennessee and Auburn.
- Team Sliders. Like what Choops and nba 2k8 has. Let us be able to set how much teams use the option, blitz, hurry up and that kind of thing outside of dynasty mode.
- Recruiting tendencies like in choops where you can select which kind of players teams will target.
-Custom Playbooks
- Coaching tendencies outside of dynasty mode
- The ability to edit ratings inside of dynasty mode.
- More over/underthrows
- Botched Snaps, bad routes and all other ugly things in real life ncaa football.
- The ability to have teams like Texas Tech have all of their receivers have option routes to get open like they do in real life.
- A chemistry rating. If you have a bunch of freshman and new starters starting make your team not be as good because they don't blend as well as a upperclassman unit.

Better play calling by the cpu - less screen plays, less qb options, a general idea of what is working and what is not for the cpu offense so it can go back to things that are working for it, better play selection when winning (more time wasting plays, less risky passes), better decisions on 4th down, takes into account the fg slider when deciding to kick a fg (with low fg slider, the cpu still thinks it can kick a 57 yard fg)

Cpu ball carrier that does not juke for no reason giving up yards.

Cpu ball carrier that has 360 degrees of movement for cuts so it can get to and through holes better.

Cpu qb that recognizes out routes near the sideline are risky.

Cpu qb that reognizes down and distance when deciding who to throw to.

AI WR and defenders that do not automatically and instantly adjust to bad passes.

The whole NCAA/Madden "backend" is far too antiquated to begin even talking about a fix. Half the teams in college football and many teams in the NFL don't even use a fullback. Yet not only does the slot remain, IT HAS TO BE FILLED. The concept of a LOLB, ROLB, MLB is being phased out as defenses hybridize with DL/LB players, third safeties in the box, and WLBs and SLBs. EA hasn't even caught up to the LS position as a separate position (as almost all NFL teams have one dude designated as an LS), and people have been screaming for that since Y2K. How does NCAA handle a team such as West Virginia, which doesn't field a TE or a true FB at all but an effective three RB three WR (and moves some RBs into slot receiving roles) set that uses both "power" players and "speed" players on almost every formation? The answer is NCAA can't handle it at all, and forces players into TE, FB, and RB spots where they shouldn't be.

What should be done is the depth chart concept is scrapped, forever, along with the roster concept (as it stands now; you shouldn't be forced to carry two centers, or two QBs, or a FB so the database won't flip a tit. You should just have to be able to fill the roster requirement for competitive play)....then go ahead and base "depth charts" on your PLAYBOOK. Ideally, the computer can auto-fill your depth chart, but for those more anal (like me), you can pick and choose players based on whom works best and with what plays.

I do not see this as too great a programming hurdle to overcome. Except, of course, EA would have to get their playbooks correct, which is another matter entirely

If EA was going to try this, the easier direction would be to have the defense and offensive formations outside of the dyansty mode- which they should be. Along with coach and strategies. But then the depth chart and position for that team would be based off the formation chosen under coaches. So a 3-4 would have 2 MLB areas. Or a 3-3-5 would have a rover area, etc. This would be the easist way to do this.

The best way to monopolize your idea would be to attach certain defenses/offenses to specific coordinators. If those coordinators move on, those formations move with them. As a head coach, you choose a playbook based on what both your coordinators bring to the table. That would be more for Madden, but you can simplify it for just the HC in NCAA, so, using your idea, a team that runs a triple option with a 3-3-5 would not have a "slot" for FB or TE and maybe a general slot for DB (instead of CB, SS, FS).

What I'm thinking is that the concept of a FB is almost outdated...what you have is a RB who is slow(er) but that can block well and catch. The way it is now, whenever you have two backs in the backfield, almost always by default one of them is the fullback, but more and more both players are going to be RBs. Hell, WVU only has like three wide receivers but about twelve RBs on the roster. We need a system that can handle those kinds of things.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #50
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275

The best way to monopolize your idea would be to attach certain defenses/offenses to specific coordinators. If those coordinators move on, those formations move with them. As a head coach, you choose a playbook based on what both your coordinators bring to the table.
And I thought I was hardcore. That kind of stuff should be reserved for NFL Head Coach and the like.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #51
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
And I thought I was hardcore. That kind of stuff should be reserved for NFL Head Coach and the like.
Not really. It happens enough in college that it should be in the game. That was dkrause's idea I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 10

Please add some sort of National Championship Victory cut-scene. PLEASE! It's just utter disappointing after winning the Super Bowl of college football and there is nothing in terms of your team celebrating.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #53
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Not really. It happens enough in college that it should be in the game. That was dkrause's idea I think.
I don't deny it happens. I just think it adds unnecessary complications to the game for very little benefit. It's just too hardcore. If it were an optional feature, maybe...

I'd prefer to just have player-created playbooks.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 08-04-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #54
Pro

m00d's Arena

Give us a feature which allows us to import our 09 online dynasty and keep on rolling.
Some people have put a lot of effort into building a quality online dynasty and it would be
a shame to make us all restart.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #55
Rookie

F3rN's Arena

OVR: 3

on top of everything that has been said, how about the cpu teams knowing their team and not calling qb draws or options when your qb cannot run.

more info on recruits, and that it stays on the recruit profile so you can see where theyre from what they were rated, maybe high school all star games both regional ones for lower rated recruits or national ones like the army game or the under armour game or both maybe. recruit stats in high school, a scouting report about them.

coaches and coordinators that have different ratings attract different players, come up with a game plan for a game. also recruiting coordinators that can give in depth look at players.

as far as game play how about receivers and corners fighting for a ball in the air. a 6'4" receiver should be able to out jump a shorter corner depending on their jump attribute and if he is aggressive enough.

different faces for players as well as hair.

fix the helmet that has the ridge in the middle, also the revolution facemasks and helmets all look off, they are too low on the face. and colored cleats matching each team.

AD or coach mode like 2k had for basketball where you can start your career as a lowly school or better yet a coordinator
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #56
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3rN
on top of everything that has been said, how about the cpu teams knowing their team and not calling qb draws or options when your qb cannot run.
If they'd let us choose the CPU's playbook at the controller select screen, this wouldn't be an issue. Madden 2001 let players choose the CPU's playbook, which let us save the CPU from its own stupidity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »