Home

Madden NFL 09 vs. NCAA Football 09: Battle Royal

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 vs. NCAA Football 09: Battle Royal within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
its a hard choice cause they both have thier pros and cons. I agree with alot of what is being said here. man if I had to make a choice. I would choose NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 09 vs. NCAA Football 09: Battle Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalmLikeABombX
First question, have you played NCAA 09 with Patch #2. It without a doubt has better gameplay at this point than Madden 09.

Small list:
CPU has a running game.
The players do not catch passes out of bounds, and run out of bounds in wide open field.
No ROBO QB where the qb is hitting 95% completion ratio and are second string.
No freezing at all.
No WR online cheese glitch.
Not only has cpu sliders, (which Madden does not) they actually work.

Just a few reasons why NCAA is superior right now. It will be interesting when Madden finally gets patch 02. There is a lot to correct. I do hope the Madden patch does fix a lot of the glitches/problems. I recently returned my Madden09 and switched it for NCAA09 after hearing about how well the second patch did for NCAA.
Using the dummy sliders on Madden- I would thrown out the roto QB and say- you actually have more sliders than NCAA. Its a pain to do the dummy sliders and its silly we have too but the QB is much more human with them. Typically low 60s.

The Run games are pretty similiar with the dummy sliders. If anything NCAA is worse because you get so many of the stupid QB runs.

Freezing and online glitches i don't know about so i cannot say.

I see players in both games catch balls and still see some odds catches and then running out of bounds on both so i cannot really back one or the other.

To the general points- i also didn't see how NCAA won the gameplay catergory but maybe its all due to the dummy slider thing.

NCAA clearly wins the presenation and replay values in my mind however. I play Madden more but i can see why some prefer NCAA. When i find a dynasty to play in- i might go that route myself.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
I am confused about some of the responses about NCAA and Madden09.

NCAA w/patch 2 is getting a great response in the community, and I have seen very positive feedback about the patch. I am sure when Madden 09 gets the second patch, we will see some positive feedback as well. I am just confused about how people can compare madden's gameplay to NCAA's at this very moment and not see that Madden09 has some huge glitches that take away from the gameplay.

Again, another small additional list.

Madden 09
The AI in pressure situations is absolutely broken. When I had the game I had CPU teams down by less than a touchdown, and they were on my side of the field with less than a minute left and they would punt on 4th down. I had teams score, and be in a postion to win if they did an onside kick, and they would just kick it deep.

Once again, the CPU running game is just inept. The passing game is unreal with the robo qb. (I know there is a dummy slider to change this, but I am talking about the game head to head. The dummy slider still didn't take away the ball being thrown out of bounds 6-7 times a game. I mean way out of bounds by CPU. You just don't feel any intensity from the crowds in Madden09 either.

Just out of curosity, what do others think about NCAA after Patch 2? I am really enjoying it, and just feel like I have much more control over the actual gameplay than in Madden 09. Also, what things do you still see in NCAA that was not fixed in Patch 2?
Old 08-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #28
Rookie

In response to above post concerning the running games being about the same, with NCAA qbs running poorly. Was that before the second patch, because I am not seeing that all in the games I am playing in NCAA09?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #29
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
My vote goes easily to Madden. It is absurd to say NCAA has better gameplay this year. Trust me, I have been a die hard NCAA gamer since 1993 and prefer it over Madden but the gameplay in this year's version of NCAA is terrible even after patch #2.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
My vote goes easily to Madden. It is absurd to say NCAA has better gameplay this year. Trust me, I have been a die hard NCAA gamer since 1993 and prefer it over Madden but the gameplay in this year's version of NCAA is terrible even after patch #2.
Ab2, are you not seeing all the glitches everyone is reporting from Madden 09. Are you not experiencing the lack of AI in pressure/4qtr situations? I am not trying to start a negative debate here. I am just confused. All I see all over EA boards and on OS are freezing glitches, issues with robo qb, passes being thrown out of bounds, etc etc.

What is it about Madden 09 that you like, if you don't mind me asking. I am not saying it is all bad, but do you think its a complete football game. What do you not like about NCAA after patch 2?
Old 08-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #31
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

NCAA 09 post-patch is far better than Madden 09. I can't see how people can say Madden. Lots of Robo-QB, an improved but not that much better at all OL/DL interaction and pass rush, crazy high completion %, lack of atmosphere, boring presentation. Not to mention that Franchise mode is COMPLETELY BROKEN.. At least I have skill progression in my Dynasty...

Madden 09 may be better after the patch but now, no way..

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #32
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
People always trying to make the dark horse the champ, I've been hearing this nonsense of NCAA being better than Madden, give people a choice and do the opposite just to do it. Since Bill Walsh Football so I know what I speak of, Make mines Madden
........um? what?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »