Home

Can I tell if the 2 patches downloaded properly? (Xbox360)

This is a discussion on Can I tell if the 2 patches downloaded properly? (Xbox360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can I tell if the 2 patches downloaded properly? (Xbox360)

I went to a lot of trouble today disconnecting my xbox and getting it connected to Xbox live to download the patch(es) for NCAA 09.

After wiring it up, I booted up NCAA 09 and I was prompted to install an update, which I did. I rebooted the game to make sure there wasn't anything else, and no prompt came up to download anything else.

So just now I put the CPU Special Teams slider for "Kick Length" to ZERO, and the Duke kicker just made a 50 yard field goal with yards to spare. His KPW is 89.

This was one of the main reasons I wanted the patch in the first place, because I thought the CPU slider wasn't taking effect. However, it seems like the patch didn't fix this?

Or I didn't get the right patch? If that's even possible?

Is there any way I can check to ensure I downloaded everything?

Thanks a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 01:54 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Can I tell if the 2 patches downloaded properly? (Xbox360)

if your able to be signed online(able to see who is online, chat, etc..) while in the game, then you have all the updates.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

I will never accept patching of console games as fair to gamers.

Games should not be released if they have bugs no matter what arbitrary standards may or may not have been set on past consoles.

EA was not prepared to make quality football games on the 360 / PS3.

They should have kept developing the xbox1 and ps2 fully before releasing yearly games of half developed buggy games that crash.

Look at GTA IV. People love it because it got a full proper dev cycle. (which just happened to be 4 years, but that's how long it takes on the 360 and PS3 consoles)

NCAA 07 and Madden 07 are graphical technological achievements, but these are not the refined games that were on the PS2 and Xbox1 before the transition to next-gen.

While Madden 09 is not perfect on the PS2 and XBox1, overall it is a much more polished, accurate user friendly simulation of football than the 360 and PS3 versions.

And the question iamdoingthat raised about how can I tell what changes were even made from the patch is a good one.

Console gaming standards have gone way down since the move to next-gen. The nice thing about console games is if you have a game, you can bring it over to a friend's place and put it in his machine and it will play without crashing or glitching. You can't do that with Madden 09 360 Post Patch, and Post Patch #2.

I just can't believe that this is what gamers are getting from EA while paying them more money for the game.

I'll stick with my original xbox version.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

While I don't necessarily disagree with you guys, I was hoping for a "check in the menu such and such and check for version X.X"

No such luck eh?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have the same issue. I wish someone from EA would pipe up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdoingthat
While I don't necessarily disagree with you guys, I was hoping for a "check in the menu such and such and check for version X.X"

No such luck eh?
You got both patches.When there are more than one,the older is rolled into the newer. If you fired up the game yesterday while connected to Xbox Live,and were prompted to update, you got the patches.
Did you adjust the Kickoff Length slider or the Field Goal Accuracy slider?
From your post,it isn't clear which slider you adjusted.
You adjusted a "length" slider,which would affect kickoffs,and not an "accuracy" slider which would have affect on field goals.

Last edited by koebner; 08-28-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
I will never accept patching of console games as fair to gamers.

Games should not be released if they have bugs no matter what arbitrary standards may or may not have been set on past consoles.

EA was not prepared to make quality football games on the 360 / PS3.

They should have kept developing the xbox1 and ps2 fully before releasing yearly games of half developed buggy games that crash.

Look at GTA IV. People love it because it got a full proper dev cycle. (which just happened to be 4 years, but that's how long it takes on the 360 and PS3 consoles)

NCAA 07 and Madden 07 are graphical technological achievements, but these are not the refined games that were on the PS2 and Xbox1 before the transition to next-gen.

While Madden 09 is not perfect on the PS2 and XBox1, overall it is a much more polished, accurate user friendly simulation of football than the 360 and PS3 versions.

And the question iamdoingthat raised about how can I tell what changes were even made from the patch is a good one.

Console gaming standards have gone way down since the move to next-gen. The nice thing about console games is if you have a game, you can bring it over to a friend's place and put it in his machine and it will play without crashing or glitching. You can't do that with Madden 09 360 Post Patch, and Post Patch #2.

I just can't believe that this is what gamers are getting from EA while paying them more money for the game.

I'll stick with my original xbox version.
If you don't accept patching in console games,you will be on OG Xbox for a long time. What is in each patch has been very clearly delineated by EA in posts here and elsewhere. I wish previous versions of NCAA like 05 and 06 could have been patched.
I think this year is the one that EAs' current gen stuff is at least as good as the old-gen. I have Madden/NCAA 09 for 360 and Madden 09 for Xbox and NCAA09 for PS2. The old-gen stuff is smooth and are good games,but I have no urge to play them. They have issues just like the new games.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

If you clear your xbox hard drive cache, you will clear ALL patches. Then get online, and it will reload the patches for whatever games you put in. You can clear the cache by going to memory hard drive press a then xx lb rb xx or something like that. Just do a google search on how to clear your hard drive cache on the 360. I did this last year to make sure I had all of the updated patches for all of my games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »