Home

Red Zone Offense Troubles

This is a discussion on Red Zone Offense Troubles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Red Zone Offense Troubles

What are the best plays to run in the red zone? Better yet, inside the 10 yd line? Im in year 2 of my UCLA dynasty and notice that I have trouble scoring TD's inside the 10. My first year with Ben Olson, I had 21 TD's and 24 INT's. Both of those numbers reflect my troubles inside the 10. I just played the Canes at Miami in year 2 and settled for 6 FG's!! I squeezed out the win regardless, but again, my troubles inside the 10 showed. I play on AA with sliders tweaked for realism and am having great games and alot of fun. It might be cuz I dont have any studs on offense. Nobody on my offense is rated in the 90's. My only 5 star recruits in my first season/off season were on defense. Any tips??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Red Zone Offense Troubles

i gotta tell ya, i feel your pain on this one.

generally a pass into the flats, or something short and out into the endzone.

most of the time i'm hoping to have 1st and goal on the 1 or 2 so i can pound it in with my FB.....

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr

most of the time i'm hoping to have 1st and goal on the 1 or 2 so i can pound it in with my FB.....
LOL! thats exactly how I feel. FB dive is money for that.

But any thing further out and inside the 10 and its trouble city.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Things get really tight in the red zone and I get too conservative myself. Try running some play action or roll outs on first down rather than just try to pound it in. Often the cpu will blitz and you might have 1 on 1 with your WR on the outside.

I usually play it too conservative or panic myself. Through 2 seasons I have thrown more INTs than TDs.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #5
Rookie

thatruth22's Arena

OVR: 2

I run alot of 5 wide set with crossing routes, i have pretty good success with it, especially if you have a QB that can move a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the Power O play out of the goal line set where the handoff is to the outside. i only do this with speedy backs though. And you have to set it up with runs up the middle to keep the linebackers from running straight to you when you break outside. If they don't contain you, its a for sure 5 yard pick up for me.

Last edited by Mjphillips; 08-28-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Things get really tight in the red zone and I get too conservative myself. Try running some play action or roll outs on first down rather than just try to pound it in. Often the cpu will blitz and you might have 1 on 1 with your WR on the outside.

I usually play it too conservative or panic myself. Through 2 seasons I have thrown more INTs than TDs.
One of my favorite plays is the Weak formation, twin receivers, PA rollout right. Unfortunately I cant get it to work inside the 10 cuz like you said, its way too tight and crowded down there. Even if I hot route the TE for a quick out. I think I might experiment with having only 1 receiver that goes out for a pattern. Maybe just focus on that one receiver.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #8
Rookie

thatruth22's Arena

OVR: 2

And any stretch play works great, especially if you clear out the strong side DB with motion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »