Home

found a way to keep computer from running fake punt every time

This is a discussion on found a way to keep computer from running fake punt every time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7
found a way to keep computer from running fake punt every time

everytime the computer is gonna fake a punt, corso always pops up and calls for a safe punt return....instead i started just picking a 4 3 defense. it seems that the computer always audibles out of the fake and punts.. most of the time he punts it out of bounds or thru the back of the endzone...but this is ten times better than the stupid failed fake punt everytime........let me know if that works for you all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: found a way to keep computer from running fake punt every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccVols
everytime the computer is gonna fake a punt, corso always pops up and calls for a safe punt return....instead i started just picking a 4 3 defense. it seems that the computer always audibles out of the fake and punts.. most of the time he punts it out of bounds or thru the back of the endzone...but this is ten times better than the stupid failed fake punt everytime........let me know if that works for you all
i've only seen the computer fake punt on me once so far and i've owned the game since before the official release date. are you seeing a lot of fake punts or something??

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

the fake alot if they are past the 50 yard line.........its crazy...ive seen em fake on a 4th and 18 from the 50 and run it straight up the middle alot
Old 08-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I have seen a lot of fake punts as well...I think all have been passes. I intercepted one and returned it for a TD. It doesn't happen every game, but often enough it is an annoyance. The AI tried it twice in one game, in the AI's first two series. I usually see it early in the 1st Quarter. I always know it is coming because Corso will tell me to pick a safe punt.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
I have seen a lot of fake punts as well...I think all have been passes. I intercepted one and returned it for a TD. It doesn't happen every game, but often enough it is an annoyance. The AI tried it twice in one game, in the AI's first two series. I usually see it early in the 1st Quarter. I always know it is coming because Corso will tell me to pick a safe punt.
just switch to a 4-3 and he will punt.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Nope, didn't work....the cpu still threw the ball down the field. But at least i had them covered! HA!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

I wish there was a way to turn off Auto Corso on 4th downs.........

If I could do that, and the CPU could decrease their fake punts by like, 50%, I think that part of the game would be all gravy. You'd still see it probably 4 times a season, but the Auto Corso wouldn't tip the user off, which would keep the user on toes.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 08-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I see that someone else said it didn't work for them, but for me this was a great find! Thanx!

Since I read this I've played 3 games. In each game, there was a time when Corso suggested a safe punt return. I called a normal 3-3-5 defense and each time the CPU audibled to a punt.

Now if I could only find a way to keep the damned CPU from going for it on 4th down so often!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »