Home

Thunderbolt Review of NCAA 09

This is a discussion on Thunderbolt Review of NCAA 09 within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #9
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Thunderbolt Review of NCAA 09

Spot on.

I could care less what the producers/developers say about how much "they really do care" or how many hours they wok around release, the fact of the matter is that this game is a disaster filled with the SAME problems (plus a few new ones) that has plagued the series for years. They refuse to fix them. That's just lazy and inexcusable.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have to agree with one of the above posters. Are you talking about the game after patch 2? I think patch 2 has made HUGE improvements to the game, and I would give it at least a 8.5-9 out of 10 since the patch. I have been having a blast with it post-patch using different sliders.

I am seeing great stats, realistic running game by CPU, and I have had some really close games that were some of the most fun I have ever had on any football game since the new patch. I guess we all are going to have different opinions on the game. I am not saying it is perfect, but it is a must buy now in my opinion.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Very good review. I think the 6/10 is fair. Even the highlight of the review (Online dynasty) is flawed with the player leaving bug, recruitng cheats and cant connect to server error after the game at times.

Worth a read...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon6 Re: Thunderbolt Review of NCAA 09

Thanks for the (mostly) kind words. To answer a question, this is a pre-patch #2 review. And honestly, I think that's what any game developer would deserve: a review of the game as it is when it hits shelves. Patches are fine, but pre-patch is how the game was released to hundreds of thousands of customers (many of whom still do not have internet to their systems anyways).

I haven't noticed the huge improvements that some here are praising in the second patch. It may be worth noting that I only play human opponents, so it could be that a game with the CPU is considerably improved with the second patch. I don't know. While certain zones are noticably tighter at times, I still see plenty of performances with completion percentages in the 80s (even against highly-skilled opponents). Maybe I would consider the game a 7/10 with the second patch, although I'm not sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »