Home

Best Recruit Ever!

This is a discussion on Best Recruit Ever! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #97
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Best Recruit Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Finally got a 4-star ATH to commit last night to me. He should be pretty darn amazing in a couple of years. He is 6'2" 169 LBS. He has B+ MCV rating (I run mostly man) and A+ SPEED, AWR, ACC! Not sure if he will be a CB or FS yet. I play the 3-3-5 with some nickel vs obvious passing situations. I am pumped for this guy to develop. I also managed to bring in the #1 CB in the class 5-11 190lbs with A SPEED and A- ACC A+ AWR as well as a 6-2 ATH with A speed and a 5-9 CB with A speed. These 4 along with the 4-star FS with A speed all coming from this class will form what should be the best defensive backfield ever in our dynasty.

I lost out on my #1 LB and every Defensive linemen however that I targeted in this class.
I will guarantee that your ATH with A+ speed & acceleration has no agility...prob at best B+. It's amazing about the lack of agility for recruits
Old 09-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I will guarantee that your ATH with A+ speed & acceleration has no agility...prob at best B+. It's amazing about the lack of agility for recruits
To be honest I don't know. I will check tonight though and post back. I know its not worse then B+. The only rating that didn't pump me up was tackling and PRC. They weren't horrible for CB but they weren't great and hence the 4-star.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #99
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3

Currently I'm recruiting a QB who is the number one overall recruit who is projected as a B+. He has A- arm strength and B+ accuracy. I find this a little off since a few seasons ago I recruited a 4 star QB that had A arm strength and B accuracy. Not much of a discrepancy there and yet one was a 4 star and the other is the best recruit coming out.

Oh and I've recruited a lot of great players over the years that have put up insane numbers, but the best player I've had is hands down Noel Devine. I think the game doesn't generate recruits that are as good as real players who's attributes are decided by the programmers at EA.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #100
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

If recruits are duplicated like they have been in years past, has anyone ever had one like I'm about to describe? He's the #1 recruit in the nation. MLB, 6'3" 243 and is a B+ OVR. He has 4.56 spd which isn't the greatest but everything else is serious. I think he has B+ AWA, B+ AGI, and A- ACC. I think he's the only player with a B+ OVR.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't have the stamina to review this whole thread but you can find some "diamonds in the rough" to play TE by targeting high speed tackles. I've noticed that in just about every class there's at least one tackle with C+ (or even B-) speed that ends up with a decent catch rating. Best I've seen was a 4* tackle with the speed noted above with a 78 rating that converted to an 84 TE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #102
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

year 2 with auburn i recruited a head hunter at mlb from somewhere down south in alabam. he was 6'3 242. i was like daaang. somebody's ready for the league bodywise. that guy gave me hell recruiting. me n ga fought for him all season long. he was 4 stars but turned out to be 84 overall
he's a sophomore now and i cant quite remember his freshman stats but the ones that stood out were

all speed attributes betweern 83-86
pursuit was 81
hit power was 92 and tackling was 88
and he could catch too for a lb 71
his man and zone coverages were near the 75-77 areas

first season he recorded 8 sacks, 82 tackles (21 tfl), caught 3 picks and forced 6 fumbles. he even had a pick and a scoop six. lol. fat guys look funny when they run!!!

he's beast now
92 overall. all freshman, all american, lb, and bednarik award his freshman yr
spd 88
agi 85
acc 90
tackle 93
hit power 98
catching still at 71
pursuit is now 84
he has 76 awareness
zone coverage is 80
man coverage is 79

id move him to strong safety if he was a tad bit faster. cant wait to export the draft class when he leaves

Last edited by Young J 334; 09-25-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #103
MVP

OVR: 17

I am at home and have a few minutes so I wanted to take a second and post my defensive recruits for this year. I could be wrong but I don't believe I will ever touch this good of a defensive recruiting class ever.

#1 CB, #6 Recruit David George 5-star
5'11" 164lbs OVR B, MCV B-, ZCV B-, PRS C+, PRC C+, PUR B+, SPD A, AWR A+, AGI B+, ACC B+ (This kid should be a nice shut down corner in the very near future)

#2 ATH, #35 Recruit Nate Hamilton
6'0" 202lbs OVR B-, MCV B-, ZCV B-, PRS C-, PRC D+, PUR C+, SPD A, AWR A+, AGI B+, ACC A (Should develop into an excellent corner soon)

#3 FS, #57 Recruit Evan Muse
6'0" 194lbs OVR B-, MCV C+, ZCV B-, PRS C-, PRC C, PUR C, SPD A, AWR A, AGI B, ACC A- (Has a very good chance of playing early for me since my current FS has 87 speed)

#9 ATH, #100 Recruit Kyle Adams
6'2" 179lbs OVR C+, MCV B+, ZCV C-, PRS D, PRC C, PUR C-, SPD A+, AWR A+, AGI A-, ACC A+ (A little more raw then the guys above but his ceiling is much higher. He has speed and quickness as well as size which could lead to really great things)

#11 CB, #164 Recruit Bernard McCarthy
5'9" 185lbs OVR C+, MCV B-, ZCV C+, PRS B-, PRC C-, PUR B, SPD A, AWR A+, AGI B+, ACC A (Should develop into a nice backup CB or nickel backer although likely to see be a lifetime backup)

#2 MLB, #67 Recruit Jim Smith
6'4" 227lbs OVR B-, TAK B+, POW C+, BSH B-, SPD B, AWR A+, AGI B, ACC B+ (Will be a nice add to a position already deep on my team where I only play 1 MLB in the 3-3-5 system. Will have plenty of time to develop and will have a chance to compete for PT down the road)

#11 OLB, #106 Recruit Justin Lacey
6'4" 213lbs OVR C+, TAK C+, POW C, BSH D+, SPD A-, AWR A+, AGI B, ACC B+ (Pretty excited about this kids speed and size. Will get to play immediately and see what he can do)

While I am sure there are others of you out there that have recruited classes like this, I have NOT. This defensive class should help me DOMINATE down the road and make it really hard for teams to move the ball on me. I lost out on the stud DE that I was recruiting as well as another stud OLB but I am very, very happy with what I landed. I can't wait to get all these guys some PT which should come about in 2 years.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #104
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I am at home and have a few minutes so I wanted to take a second and post my defensive recruits for this year. I could be wrong but I don't believe I will ever touch this good of a defensive recruiting class ever.

#1 CB, #6 Recruit David George 5-star
5'11" 164lbs OVR B, MCV B-, ZCV B-, PRS C+, PRC C+, PUR B+, SPD A, AWR A+, AGI B+, ACC B+ (This kid should be a nice shut down corner in the very near future)

#2 ATH, #35 Recruit Nate Hamilton
6'0" 202lbs OVR B-, MCV B-, ZCV B-, PRS C-, PRC D+, PUR C+, SPD A, AWR A+, AGI B+, ACC A (Should develop into an excellent corner soon)

#3 FS, #57 Recruit Evan Muse
6'0" 194lbs OVR B-, MCV C+, ZCV B-, PRS C-, PRC C, PUR C, SPD A, AWR A, AGI B, ACC A- (Has a very good chance of playing early for me since my current FS has 87 speed)

#9 ATH, #100 Recruit Kyle Adams
6'2" 179lbs OVR C+, MCV B+, ZCV C-, PRS D, PRC C, PUR C-, SPD A+, AWR A+, AGI A-, ACC A+ (A little more raw then the guys above but his ceiling is much higher. He has speed and quickness as well as size which could lead to really great things)

#11 CB, #164 Recruit Bernard McCarthy
5'9" 185lbs OVR C+, MCV B-, ZCV C+, PRS B-, PRC C-, PUR B, SPD A, AWR A+, AGI B+, ACC A (Should develop into a nice backup CB or nickel backer although likely to see be a lifetime backup)

#2 MLB, #67 Recruit Jim Smith
6'4" 227lbs OVR B-, TAK B+, POW C+, BSH B-, SPD B, AWR A+, AGI B, ACC B+ (Will be a nice add to a position already deep on my team where I only play 1 MLB in the 3-3-5 system. Will have plenty of time to develop and will have a chance to compete for PT down the road)

#11 OLB, #106 Recruit Justin Lacey
6'4" 213lbs OVR C+, TAK C+, POW C, BSH D+, SPD A-, AWR A+, AGI B, ACC B+ (Pretty excited about this kids speed and size. Will get to play immediately and see what he can do)

While I am sure there are others of you out there that have recruited classes like this, I have NOT. This defensive class should help me DOMINATE down the road and make it really hard for teams to move the ball on me. I lost out on the stud DE that I was recruiting as well as another stud OLB but I am very, very happy with what I landed. I can't wait to get all these guys some PT which should come about in 2 years.
wow dude. ur the nick saban of virtual reality! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »