Home

When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

This is a discussion on When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #49
#HTownTakeover #YWCF
 
coogrfan's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 15,571
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Since you feel the need to be an a$$ hole about the issue I'll be one right back.
Yeah, I'm the one being an *** in this thread.



If that's not clear enough, I'll spell it out for you: you're behaving like a spoiled child. That's probably not the best way to go about getting Adam or anyone else to take you seriously.

If you hadn't come across all confrontational, I might have had some sympathy for your plight. I've been playing this series since the Sega Genesis days. In all that time, my Coogs have had the correct uni (not alts, mind you, I'm talking about the base home and road uni's) maybe 4-5 times max, so I know how irritating it can be. That doesn't mean you have a right to start throwing insults out left and right.
__________________
HOUSTON COUGARS FOOTBALL 2020 (1-1, 1-0)

Last game: BYU 43 Houston 26

Next game: 10/24 @ Navy


Last edited by coogrfan; 09-05-2008 at 07:46 PM.
coogrfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #50
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Lexington, KY
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We work with the schools and the licensing company on this stuff, not the NCAA. Some schools do a great job of sending me hi resolution photos of their uniforms. Others don't. We used to rely on the schools and ended up with really bad uniforms. I remember when I started doing this for NCAA 2006, I quickly found out that Mississippi State's uniforms where two years old.

I want the most accurate uniforms. With so many schools to deal with, we can't call up one entity and have them send us all the designs and photos. I can't trust that to be accurate and I know I won't get 100% coverage.
I get the whole asking the university for their uniform "approval," but rather than having to deal with 110+ interns at these college sports information departments (sarcasm...students would probably be more forthcoming with information); wouldn't you have more success, accuracy, and access to new uniform design by going straight to Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Russell, and any other makers of the jerseys for significantly earlier notice of uniform changes, but also templates, etc??? If you could make the right contact internally with each company to get this information, I guarantee it would help alleviate your headache!
Rasco11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #51
OMT
MVP
 
OMT's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,997
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
I get the whole asking the university for their uniform "approval," but rather than having to deal with 110+ interns at these college sports information departments (sarcasm...students would probably be more forthcoming with information); wouldn't you have more success, accuracy, and access to new uniform design by going straight to Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Russell, and any other makers of the jerseys for significantly earlier notice of uniform changes, but also templates, etc??? If you could make the right contact internally with each company to get this information, I guarantee it would help alleviate your headache!
I work with all of them too (though I gotta admit, Under Amour has been the most helpful).
OMT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #52
Pro
 
Squeezee12's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
You guys have USF wearing white pants with their away uniforms. I can't even remember the last time they wore white pants and yet for at least two straight years they have had white pants.

Oregon fans complain every year that you guys never get the right combos in. So sorry but your wrong. Typical EA....

2008 Green Pants
http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1470728

2007 Green pants
http://www.bullspics.com/albums/TBPM...b053a920e0.jpg

2006 Green Pants
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/388158.jpg

I found this screen shot which must be really old because they have green pants. What is that PS1?
http://www.bullspics.com/albums/TBPM...e_hall_001.jpg

And yet USF has had white pants for three years(maybe more) in the game. You cant even get info on your own game right. So you were saying?


I might be color blind... Im not too sure... HAHA but USF is definitely wearing WHITE pants!!!!! Maybe its a new option. Not trying to come across as an *** but maybe you should get your facts straight before you argue til no end....
__________________

Squeezee12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #53
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
That was a mistake that didn't get caught by QA. We have tons of photos showing white numbers. I'm changing up the uniform QA process this year to cut down on errors like that.
well, i really hope that this never happens again, because with the yellow numbers, it just doesn't give me that authentic feeling, like im playing as the iowa hawkeyes. if you know what i mean.



btw, would it be possible to come out with some free dlc that fixes these jersey issues, like a alternate jersey dlc or something and when you select your team jerseys EX: for iowa it would say Alternate Home or something. Thanks.
__________________
Iowa Hawkeye's
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Cubs
QC Flames
d4rlp3nc1l is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:37 AM   #54
OMT
MVP
 
OMT's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,997
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
I might be color blind... Im not too sure... HAHA but USF is definitely wearing WHITE pants!!!!! Maybe its a new option. Not trying to come across as an *** but maybe you should get your facts straight before you argue til no end....
Just got back from the game, and yep... all white. Just like Under Amour told me.
OMT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:37 AM   #55
OMT
MVP
 
OMT's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,997
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rlp3nc1l
well, i really hope that this never happens again, because with the yellow numbers, it just doesn't give me that authentic feeling, like im playing as the iowa hawkeyes. if you know what i mean.



btw, would it be possible to come out with some free dlc that fixes these jersey issues, like a alternate jersey dlc or something and when you select your team jerseys EX: for iowa it would say Alternate Home or something. Thanks.
It is too late for 09 to do DLC. The game has to have a framework to support downloading content, which it does not have right now.
OMT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.

Top -