Home

Recruiting 6-7 years into a franchise

This is a discussion on Recruiting 6-7 years into a franchise within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting 6-7 years into a franchise

I'm sitting in 2015 of my dynasty and have came across a problem. A problem that has been around for many years. I've posted about it on maddenmania, digitalsportsmania and maybe some more sites that merged into this site: and the problem is still ignored.

The game seems to select recruit interest, primarily, by how deep your current roster is at that position. And not in a logical way, in a backwards way.

My current team:
-3 QBs above 90. 3 5 star quarterbacks are interested. Many -4/3/2.
-2 RBs above 90. 2 5 star rbs and tons of 4/3/2.
-Two walk on fullbacks. One-one star fullback is interested. Nothing else.
-Eleven million WRs above 80. 12 million high rated WRs interested.
-77 tight end and a walk on. One 1 star, 1 2 star interested. Nothing else.
-95 OT, 67 walk on tackle, 2 walk on backups. 1 three star, 2 two stars are interested. Nothing else.
-two low 80s Guards, two low 70s guards. Handful of 3 stars, few 2 stars.
-Two walk on centers below 65. One 2 star interested. Nothing else.

Continue ad naseum.

This is the fourth franchise I have played where I sim the games in 2009 and it happens every single season of every franchise.

So the only way I imagine EA wouldn't notice this is if they didn't test franchise once. There is absolutely no way not to notice this. It kills the game. I have quit each one of these franchises because it's simply unbareable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Recruiting 6-7 years into a franchise

Yeah USC always gets stacked at QB year 3 they have 4 90+ QBS. Also...IRL atleast two of those would transfer.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

I've noticed the trend. It seems as though I'm always lacking at C and FB but none of them are ever interested. Although I've got atleast 3 QB's, 4 RB's and 7 WR's interested.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Agreed. It is WAY to easy to stack up the secondary and WR.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Look at the schools the top players at these positions are interested in and see if there are trends. I think it has to do with the stats you generate and how the coaching sliders are set. If you play with short quarters and don't run much, your line probably doesn't come close to matching the pancakes generated by some of the run heavy CPU teams, so not much interest. If you're set to be a spread passing team and/or never use the FB for much of anything, they're not interested. Same with TEs.

I think the prospects get locked in based on play style interest when they're generated in preseason, and it's going by the previous year's stats and coaching settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 06:58 AM   #6
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM
Look at the schools the top players at these positions are interested in and see if there are trends. I think it has to do with the stats you generate and how the coaching sliders are set. If you play with short quarters and don't run much, your line probably doesn't come close to matching the pancakes generated by some of the run heavy CPU teams, so not much interest. If you're set to be a spread passing team and/or never use the FB for much of anything, they're not interested. Same with TEs.

I think the prospects get locked in based on play style interest when they're generated in preseason, and it's going by the previous year's stats and coaching settings.
Exactly. I run with Baylor and we are a spread team so naturally I can get WR's and Qb's anytime I want. But I NEED them for my team so I have no complaints.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just had Brandon Warren win the best TE award and the following season I have zero TEs interested in me. Yet I have a million RBs and WRs interested even though I reeled in three 5* Wrs and two 5* RBs the previous recruiting year.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Another thing with recruiting is location. I can only speak for the South or SEC states but location is everything. There are a lot of guys that leave their state for a border state, especially MS kids, but Ole Miss and Miss. State are always in the top half of MS kids' lists. In year one about half of the top 10 have either and some have neither. There are some that get away but to not even be remotely interested is crazy.

I can only figure OH and MI are similar. I figure most every kid wants to play at either OSU, MI, MSU or something along those lines. Location needs to be a bigger factor.

Numbers- there are way too many WR's in this game. Everybody has said as much. There aren't enough FB's. For one, even the teams with balanced offense's should only require one FB. Two, there should be several more in the 3* and 2* range. I understand there aren't that many 4* and 5* FB's nowadays, but this restriction is crazy. Way too many FB's are stripped of speed and carry, catch attributes etc., and are really represented wrongly in the game. Sure there are some that might not have great hands, but they are running backs with perhaps a little less speed and a little less agility/acceleration. You aren't going to see too many 4.92 FB's in real life. Hell, you could put an OL in the backfield at that speed.

I guess this should get in the wishlist as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »