Home

Been gone for a while, is this fixed?

This is a discussion on Been gone for a while, is this fixed? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2007
Been gone for a while, is this fixed?

I just finished my season in dynasty and I had like four players transfer out. One was my starting RB, who as a freshman won the Maxwell award. Another was a two star WR that I converted to a QB that was my backup but had certain sets for him to play so I could run the option. He played a ton as I don't sim any games. Another was a FR SS who left despite winning the best DB award.

I was stumped...I don't get why they are leaving. I checked my promises and I kept every single promise.

Why in the world would they leave?

Is this a glitch and was it fixed in the patch?
A Mac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #2
OMT
MVP
 
OMT's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,997
Re: Been gone for a while, is this fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mac
I just finished my season in dynasty and I had like four players transfer out. One was my starting RB, who as a freshman won the Maxwell award. Another was a two star WR that I converted to a QB that was my backup but had certain sets for him to play so I could run the option. He played a ton as I don't sim any games. Another was a FR SS who left despite winning the best DB award.

I was stumped...I don't get why they are leaving. I checked my promises and I kept every single promise.

Why in the world would they leave?

Is this a glitch and was it fixed in the patch?
No, it is not a glitch. Players leaving early is based purely on stats and awards.
OMT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
Banned
 
heavy_hitter's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Mar 2004
Re: Been gone for a while, is this fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
No, it is not a glitch. Players leaving early is based purely on stats and awards.
Players can't go to the NFL before what would be their Junior class in college.

I think you are missing what he is saying.
heavy_hitter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Been gone for a while, is this fixed?

One possibility is that according to their ratings they aren't the starter. Doesn't matter if they get lots of playing time, still not a starter. And they know about incoming recruits and training results already too, if you're thinking that doesn't make sense because they are the highest rated player at their position.

Another possibility is that you gave them a playing time promise, and even though you gave them the playing time and it says promise kept, the thing is just freaking broken. I don't give that promise anymore, because the other promises get me recruits just as well and don't piss me off.
EricM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
#****cancer!
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 45,866
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Been gone for a while, is this fixed?

to play for a better school? I only say that because I don't know what school your play as and that is something that came to mind. Where are they transferring to?
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
countryboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Been gone for a while, is this fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM
Another possibility is that you gave them a playing time promise, and even though you gave them the playing time and it says promise kept, the thing is just freaking broken. I don't give that promise anymore, because the other promises get me recruits just as well and don't piss me off.
Funny thing about this is that it was broken last year too...
scarlet_knights is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: Been gone for a while, is this fixed?

My award winners left my school, Akron, to goto Georgia Tech.

They both cited playing time. I know for sure the RB was the best rated player on my roster for RBs. Not sure about the SS.

This game is really bugging me out...it blows my mind how they could even release a product this bad. This makes absolutely no sense. I could understand if I didn't keep a promise or if they weren't getting playing time, but that is not the case.

Makes me sick...I am really starting to just give up on EA after seeing how bad NCAA and Madden have been. Just pathetic how they can get away with this..
A Mac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Top -