Home

Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating?

This is a discussion on Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #17
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating?

To be honest I think momentum is a mutha in this game. Not that it's overdone, but when you combine it with alot of what is fundamentally wrong with the game, it makes it impossible to win certain games.

It's already difficult to adequately cover WRs while in zone but when the CPU has some momentum, like many guys have already said it's like they break 5+ tackles and are off to the races. My ultimate gripe with this game is the coverage of hook routes. For the love of god, what DB stands 4+ yards off the WR when the WR has actually finished running the hook route...while playing man? Then when the WR makes the catch, he has all this space to make a move and juke the DB.

I could go on and on, but there are a lot of fundamental things that are missing from this game that when you play on Heisman, get overly inflated and it makes it look like the CPU cheats its butt off. And it would be one thing if my own team could do the things the CPU pulls off, but I can't. Another one of my favs...the CPU LB reaching around the WR to make an INT when the ball was blatantly thrown ahead of the WR. My LBs can't even cover a RB, let alone a WR and be able to reach around the guy for an INT...GEEZ!!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #18
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
To be honest I think momentum is a mutha in this game. Not that it's overdone, but when you combine it with alot of what is fundamentally wrong with the game, it makes it impossible to win certain games.

It's already difficult to adequately cover WRs while in zone but when the CPU has some momentum, like many guys have already said it's like they break 5+ tackles and are off to the races. My ultimate gripe with this game is the coverage of hook routes. For the love of god, what DB stands 4+ yards off the WR when the WR has actually finished running the hook route...while playing man? Then when the WR makes the catch, he has all this space to make a move and juke the DB.

I could go on and on, but there are a lot of fundamental things that are missing from this game that when you play on Heisman, get overly inflated and it makes it look like the CPU cheats its butt off. And it would be one thing if my own team could do the things the CPU pulls off, but I can't. Another one of my favs...the CPU LB reaching around the WR to make an INT when the ball was blatantly thrown ahead of the WR. My LBs can't even cover a RB, let alone a WR and be able to reach around the guy for an INT...GEEZ!!!!
Yeah Ive officially given up playing on Heisman after I was picked off twice by DE's that dropped off the line of scrimmage to zone. I need to find a good set of AA sliders.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 20

I got to agree about the hook routes in man coverage being broke. Why the heck does the cb literally just stand there even when the wr has completed his route and is wide open? CB's never did this in past games, was this EA overdoing it because people complained about hook routes not being easy to complete in others games.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 09-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #20
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I always know i'm in for a dog fight when the computer elects to kick off. That's usually a tell tale sign the AI is cranked up. I had more problems last year when i ball would morph to the defenders hands trailing the WR for int. I just attribute bad throws to to bad throws, part of the game and it happens. These are college players, they make bad plays and poor decisions. Heh at the end of the day I enjoy the challege, better then going 13-0 every year.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I got to agree about the hook routes in man coverage being broke. Why the heck does the cb literally just stand there even when the wr has completed his route and is wide open? CB's never did this in past games, was this EA overdoing it because people complained about hook routes not being easy to complete in others games.
I think they did it because hook routes were a major part of the INT problem last year. From what I recall, most of the dumb INTs thrown by the CPU were hook routes where the receiver just stood there while the CB or LB jumped the pass and picked it off. This was the biggest problem IMO last year. I could live with th eoccasional warping INTs but the CPU throwing INT after INT onhook routes killed it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 20

^^^So they should have improved the receiver ai not kill the db ai. Seems like alot of things were done intentionally to create wide open gameplay.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »