Home

Deep passing game

This is a discussion on Deep passing game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #17
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Deep passing game

You can definitely lead it, but you gotta lob it and you need a receiver with some elite speed (95+) to get that extra step or two.

I have the best luck hitting deep routes using playaction passes out of power formations.

Ace Jumbo -> PA FL Stretch and Ace Big Twins -> PA FL Stretch are two of my favourites. The post puts pressure on the safety. If he covers the post, throw it over the top to the streak and you'll most likely find a 1-on-1 matchup.

Every now and then, the PA will really catch a player out of position. I bombed it to Preston Parker once and he was open by a clean 10 yards. It's rare, but satisfying.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

My "trick" is this(and you guys better not use this against me online.....lol). Line up at least 3 WR on side, or 2 WR and a TE. Then use your hot routes to send your guys in different directions so you can draw away the safetys, then hot route one of your WR deep depending on where he lines up. As in real life, you will usualy throw off the defense with all the different routes, and if your WR has any kind of speed he can get behind the defense before they realize he's wide open.

In the vid I posted above, my guy had a clean 10 yds on anyone, the only thing I did wrong was lead him a litle too much b/c the ball stayed in the air forever.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #19
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree that turning down knockdowns does help with the deep ball. I use the d-pad to lead receivers and don't have a big problem with the deep ball. It seems pretty good to me.
I dont turn the Knockdown rating down. I actually have it at 100 for the CPU other wise I'm torching their defense for like 85% completion. As I have it now, Knockdowns 100 and AWR 95 for the CPU, I get around 65-70% completion. How are your numbers lookin with the cpu knockdown at 45??
Old 09-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I dont turn the Knockdown rating down. I actually have it at 100 for the CPU other wise I'm torching their defense for like 85% completion. As I have it now, Knockdowns 100 and AWR 95 for the CPU, I get around 65-70% completion. How are your numbers lookin with the cpu knockdown at 45??
I'm actually on Heisman now with knockdowns at only 10 or 15 for them right now. I'm not a great passer so I need the help. My completion percentage is on the high side in the upper 60% range (not sure what it is right now) but I did play on AA for my first two dynasty seasons with knockdowns at 50. I think my completion percentage was in the 60s for both years but my TD/INT ratio was awful my first year. I think it was 13/14 my second year. Only played two games in my third year which is on Heisman but I'll know more over time.

I understand some players can play with high cpu awareness and knockdowns but I'm clearly not one of them. My sliders are for my skill level only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »