Home

Deep passing game

This is a discussion on Deep passing game within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Deep passing game

I'm shocked that the deep ball is even more horrible than it was pre-patch on 08 which was the worst I've ever seen it then. The loft on passes in the short passing game is a nice addition but there is no deep passing game.

You can't lead a WR at all. I've tried stepping up in the pocket like in 08 but there is nothing. The DB is always able to catch up except when they don't have to catch up since the ball is under-thrown right into the DB's back.

Seriously, there is no velocity on deep passes. I'd love to see a WR get a step on the db then just lay one out. I'd even like to see it over-thrown if you release it too early.

Does anyone else have this problem? I thought it was much improved on 08 after the patch. It's really funny they dropped the ball yet again on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Deep passing game

I turned the knockdowns for the CPU down to 40 or 45, and if I have a fast wide receiver he'll get a good enough step on the DB.

The DB's knock everything down when it's left at default. As far as laeading, I have not been able to lead recivers right or left, but I can lead them forward and backwards.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:10 AM   #3
Angelinos

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I have gotten the occasional deep pass. Mostly on PA passes, sometimes a safety will bite or even a CB. And I notice that its mostly my slot receivers, TE, or HB on streak pattern that can beat a DB on a deep pass. My 2 wideouts hardly ever beat anybody deep.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:50 AM   #4
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Pump fake!!! Also timing of the throw. On a deep route, once the WR goes past the CB throw it. Its an automatic step because the CB needs to turn around and run.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:53 AM   #5
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
You can't lead a WR at all. I've tried stepping up in the pocket like in 08 but there is nothing. The DB is always able to catch up except when they don't have to catch up since the ball is under-thrown right into the DB's back.

Seriously, there is no velocity on deep passes. I'd love to see a WR get a step on the db then just lay one out. I'd even like to see it over-thrown if you release it too early.

Does anyone else have this problem? I thought it was much improved on 08 after the patch. It's really funny they dropped the ball yet again on this.
You can lead a WR deep and it is a pretty damn nice animation when it happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Thanks guys. Have you had any luck with this playing online?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I play on Heisman with AI AWR at 90 and KD at 95 and still hit 1 or 2 deep balls per game. You can definitely lead the WR and I have seen many balls fly over everyone's head.

I like the deep ball this year, its not a money play like it was on the last gen.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
MVP

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I use the pump fake and it works pretty good sometimes. I've had some beautiful deep balls where I've hit my WR in stride as he's streaking down the sidelines just passed the DB. Looks nice!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »