Home

How to set coach strategy ratios?

This is a discussion on How to set coach strategy ratios? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-03-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23
How to set coach strategy ratios?

I'm trying to figure out how to read the ratios that are on the coach strategy screen. I really like to try and establish the run and want to make sure to attract better HBs in recruiting to continue to do so, so I'm wanting to set my Run/Pass ratio to 65% run 35% pass, but I'm not positive on which direction to tune the slider.

The slider reads from 0 to 100, so if I want to do 65/35 in favor of run, do I set the meter at 65 or do I set it at 35?

Thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How to set coach strategy ratios?

set at 35 but its based off the amount of run to pass plays in your playbook. So 35 may only mean 50/50 depending on your playbook of choice.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

After reading this it sounds like the coach strategy ratios may only come into play for simulated games. Does that sound about right or am I just off base?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
After reading this it sounds like the coach strategy ratios may only come into play for simulated games. Does that sound about right or am I just off base?
Well, obviously, if you're playing or coaching a game, that slider means nothing since you're choosing as many runs or passes as you wish.

To elaborate on what the guy above you wrote, the sliders work in conjunction with the playbook (there's an excellent thread in the sliders forum about this). So, IE, if you were to put the slider at 50% and you gave that team Air Force's or Navy's playbook (very run heavy playbooks), then they'd run most of the time since they have lots of running plays in their playbooks.

If you were to set the slider to 35%, that does not mean 65% of the plays will be runs. The only way it would be 65% would be if the playbook had 50% runs and 50% passes. With the same slider setting of 35%, you'll get much more runs with Air Force's playbook than you would with a 35% setting and using Texas Tech's playbook (pass heavy).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Well, obviously, if you're playing or coaching a game, that slider means nothing since you're choosing as many runs or passes as you wish.

To elaborate on what the guy above you wrote, the sliders work in conjunction with the playbook (there's an excellent thread in the sliders forum about this). So, IE, if you were to put the slider at 50% and you gave that team Air Force's or Navy's playbook (very run heavy playbooks), then they'd run most of the time since they have lots of running plays in their playbooks.

If you were to set the slider to 35%, that does not mean 65% of the plays will be runs. The only way it would be 65% would be if the playbook had 50% runs and 50% passes. With the same slider setting of 35%, you'll get much more runs with Air Force's playbook than you would with a 35% setting and using Texas Tech's playbook (pass heavy).
Couldnt say it better myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

Right!! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Jello!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »