Home

New Recruiting Ideas for NCAA 2010

This is a discussion on New Recruiting Ideas for NCAA 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Rookie

Dabucks09's Arena

OVR: 2
New Recruiting Ideas for NCAA 2010

As i have been doing my online dynasty (in year 9 now) I got to wondering about the recruiting aspect of the game. It's pretty good but with some improvements to it it would make recruiting more fun, Sure its nice to fight over top prospects with fellow online members but I was wondering what other things they could put to make it better.

Here's mine.

1.WILL HE OR WONT HE?- They should hide the info about soft commit to the other users so they won't know till they actually sign with the team.

2. STATS- When you look at the prospects information like what schools are on his list and his ratings, they should include weekly stats as well as his season stats so far.

3.IS HE WORTH ALL THE RECRUITING TIME?- You know how you have 10 hours a week for talking to your recruits, well you should have like 5 "Workout" visits in which you only have like 5 or so per season. A Workout visit would be like any other visit as you pick 3 things for him to do on the visit but you also have 3 workout drills you want him to do and after he visits it shows the result something like this.Let's say you had a QB come visit and you wanted to test his speed (if you want a scrambler) his Arm strength and his Accuracy. after he visits it would show a report of all three things with a brief summery kinda like Madden's Draft thing where you scout College players then after that lets say his Arm Accuracy is a B+ but the workout shows it as a C+ it will only show a C+ on your recruiting board and not the other people in the online dynasty.

What's your Ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: New Recruiting Ideas for NCAA 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabucks09
As i have been doing my online dynasty (in year 9 now) I got to wondering about the recruiting aspect of the game. It's pretty good but with some improvements to it it would make recruiting more fun, Sure its nice to fight over top prospects with fellow online members but I was wondering what other things they could put to make it better.

Here's mine.

1.WILL HE OR WONT HE?- They should hide the info about soft commit to the other users so they won't know till they actually sign with the team.

2. STATS- When you look at the prospects information like what schools are on his list and his ratings, they should include weekly stats as well as his season stats so far.

3.IS HE WORTH ALL THE RECRUITING TIME?- You know how you have 10 hours a week for talking to your recruits, well you should have like 5 "Workout" visits in which you only have like 5 or so per season. A Workout visit would be like any other visit as you pick 3 things for him to do on the visit but you also have 3 workout drills you want him to do and after he visits it shows the result something like this.Let's say you had a QB come visit and you wanted to test his speed (if you want a scrambler) his Arm strength and his Accuracy. after he visits it would show a report of all three things with a brief summery kinda like Madden's Draft thing where you scout College players then after that lets say his Arm Accuracy is a B+ but the workout shows it as a C+ it will only show a C+ on your recruiting board and not the other people in the online dynasty.

What's your Ideas?
I'm not sure how it's properly worded but the NCAA prohibits working players out on visits. The only time they can do that is camp before their senior years of HS so there goes the workout thing.

I do miss the scouting from last-gen. I had forgotten about that.

The cpu teams should recruit more aggressively. What I mean by that is teams like LSU, Ohio St. etc get a few 5 *s but after that, especially fullback and OL, they end up with players in the 50's. This is ludicrous. They should have priority where they have needs and recruit appropriately. They should have back-up plans such as 4*s and 3*s, and pursue them aggressively once they lose out on their top targets.

***Also, have CPU teams recruit for need more to balance out their roster, but also have all CPU teams sign the players to bring their rosters to 70 as opposed to signing 25 each year and just burning players from the game. Keep the option for everyone to sign 25 but there's no reason to sign that many players each year if you don't need them.

I'd have to disagree about not seeing whether or not they are a soft commit or not. You should know about it just as the real coaches know due to the media exposure. This way you don't have to waste more time or you know you have to go all out in desperation to flip them.

Size- Every dynasty I've had there have been 230 and 240 lbs OL. That is wrong.

A re-ranking once or twice a year wouldn't hurt as long as it wasn't over done. By this I mean the re-evaluations and scouting that might cause some to rise and some to drop a little. Nothing too drastic.

Less WR's and more ATH's like on Last-Gen. Athletes now are normally just one thing and I've rarely seen a fast ATH that has QB attributes be anything other than a pocket passing QB with no speed. That's not an athlete.

It would be nice to have somewhere for the cut players to end up at with deleting them from the game.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Dabucks09's Arena

OVR: 2

Good points. What was I thinking when I said workouts, Well at the end of the regular season you know how they have training results. All we do is look at the progress. No we should be able to pick at least 1 player in each position or like 10 players in total and have like drill mini games to where we actually have a say in how our players train, Or have like salary like thing where you can hire speed coaches and strength coaches or maybe all the coaches assistant coaches QB, WR and all the other position coaches, So like LSU will have a really good speed coach as well as Florida so they will have fast defense. USC would have great QB coach. And each team can fire/hire the coaches to improve the team. And if you have a great position coach at that area then you could have a 5* prospect out of a 4* prospect. For example lets say you are USC and you recruit a 4* QB, that QB will be a top rated QB by his Jr season because of the QB coach. But if you take the same QB and put him in Tulsa he would be pretty good but not great because of the coaching staff.

And as far as the Cutting players go there should be a area like Jdrhammer said and you can pick from that list and invite them into spring camp and see if you can improve them or whatever
Old 09-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

There are plenty of things for this!

1) An alotted amount of time per recruit to talk. Instead of 10 hours overall, u would have "?" hours per kid. If he hangs up, tough! U lose the rest of the time. Move to the next kid!

2) Ur own football summer camp to evaluate players. It happens at every school. (UF Friday Night Lights)

3) 2 All-American games.....1 for the top 4 & 5 star kids, the other for 3 & 4 star kids that are leftover.

4) Ability to recruit underclassmen. It happens in real life but i wouldn't make it extreme. Only juniors and be able to offer them during their junior year. Now they can commit, but they wouldn't be off-limits til they sign their senior year.

5) Have asst. coaches recruit. You'd be able to dictate which coaches recruit which kids. U can either do it manually or have the asst. coaches "quick call" them.

More to come later.........
Old 09-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

the All American game where they sign like the Army game but i assume it would be the EA sports All-Americans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
Rookie

LHaze30's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think you should be able to get more than 2 4 or 5 stars at a skill position in a year. I hate being able to get a bunch of 4 or 5 start qb's, hb's, wr's in a given year only to cut some of them. Once a couple commit, interest from your remaining recruits should fall. There has to be a way to get around this problem and allow the computer to pick up some of the talent.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can we get a realistic roster limit? That would be nice. 70 players is too small. And get rid of minimum position requirements. If I don't want or need FBs, I shouldn't have to give two scholarships away. No more automatic scholarships for walk-ons either.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 24

Make rosters bigger (85 I believe is the limit for NCAA teams) first and foremost.

Then put double the number of offensive linemen in the recruiting classes. Not to mention kickers and punters.

Otherwise just add in season stats and make certain players improve their stars. If there's a 2-star recruit who plays great in his senior season, make him a 3-star and maybe give him a stat boost. Give updates like that to players, just like last-gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »