Home

I suck at recruiting!

This is a discussion on I suck at recruiting! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #25
Pro

rayricemvp's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I suck at recruiting!

Does anyone have any tips when using 1* schools? I'm about to start an o.d with kent state and i only have about 3 3* guys that have me preseason top 10 and the rest are either 1 or 2*. should i recruit only 3 *s that even have little intrest from me, because i dont think i'l get any real talent from 2's and 1's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #26
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Obviously it takes the realism away from the game by reloading the dynasty just to get the prized recruit to come to your school. But that's a way to manipulate the system in the user's favor - I've seen posts where people say they create coaches and hire them for a team (i.e. FSU) who also likes a lot of their recruits and remove all of those recruits from FSU.

Regardless, the best way I feel is to focus on the top recruits who like your school, then as the weeks progress search for recruits who are still at a top 8-10 stage after week 6 & 7 and try to recruit some of those players.

In any event, I think quick calling is more efficient as it doesn't mean you get stuck talking to a recruit for 50 mins just to complete one pitch.

Btw, anyone else find it odd that a lot of recruits have standout speed and/or acceleration but no agility? I had an ATH who had 93 speed, 88 acc and 74 agility
Old 09-06-2008, 01:19 AM   #27
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3

Luck also plays a part in recruiting as well, I just started a Miss St dynasty and in the first week I signed 3 recruits. Granted they were only 3 stars but I'll take whatever since Miss St is a 3 star program.

With my WVU dynasty I was able to sign most of the guys I targeted before the season ended, and I didn't pull any cheap tricks by reloading my dynasty. Guess I just got good at it.

And like other people have said on this board, try to target 15 to 20 guys you really want instead of filling up your board with all 35.

Also I just don't understand how I can beat 16th ranked Auburn 45 to 35 and then lose 24 to 17 to unranked Georgia Tech the next week. But that's football for ya.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:11 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Some of this I agree with some of this I don't...

2 examples of things I haven't seen, I've done 2 offline dynasty years and have had nearly all my guys signed before the offseason. The first year where I did sign 25 guys due to needs I only signed 3 guys in offseason recruiting 2 athletes I had been recruiting in the in season recruiting and a punter because I needed one.

Also I don't agree that it's hard to get TE's, I signed the #3 TE and an athlete that was 4 stars that turned out to be a TE the first year followed in the next year by the #1 overall TE who was the #31 overall player. I don't feel you can ever have to many TE's because of the lack of good FB's you can move them over there and they have good ratings at it.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #29
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

just started my 3rd season and thanks to the tips I got here I was able to get a hard commit on a 4* player in my 1st week. Im ranked #17 in the polls and I do see a NC most likely by my next season. I got some good recruits on my board and all of them have me at Top 3 except for a few but still in their Top 10.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisfan2003
3. Yes, ESPECIALLY if they haven't visited your school yet. You can still get a commit from a Soft Verbal to another school.
That is true. I've signed like 3 guys that were softs to another school. High caliber ones too like ND, OSU, USC, UF, etc.

When recruiting skill players, I go after speed. If I am in a pro style offense, I recruit balenced HBs that have power and speed, and a pocket passer QB. If I am in a spread offense, I go for speed, speed, and more speed. For QB, I go for the scramblers. Hint, when you look for fast QBs, look at some balenced guys as well, because some of their 40 times are 4.4 to 4.5. ALWAYS check the 40 times, thats a huge tip when your looking for a fast QB. If theres a REALLY fast guy thats a 3*, I still offer him, and depending on the QB depth chart that will still be around for the next season, I redshirt him. If there will be little depth, I dont, and I put him in game situations, and try to build his arm strength from there. If I redshirt him, I always practice with him the next season, and put him into game situations.

The best recruiting tip I can give is to ALWAYS look at the interest bars. If they are somewhat high, but dont have you in their top 10, I always put them on my board. I immediately jump into their middle tier, and then with the offer, i jump into their top 3, and then I go from their.

When scheduling visits, dont wait to long. Especially if its for a guy you really want, because alot of times, his/your schedule dont allow a visit to take place.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayricemvp
Does anyone have any tips when using 1* schools? I'm about to start an o.d with kent state and i only have about 3 3* guys that have me preseason top 10 and the rest are either 1 or 2*. should i recruit only 3 *s that even have little intrest from me, because i dont think i'l get any real talent from 2's and 1's
You won't. They're absolutely terrible in this game, barely better than walk-ons. You probably won't sway guys who aren't interested either. I would only fill minimum needs. You'll always have more guys (and more talented guys) interested when you have a roster need. Don't even bother recruiting depth, just wait until you get your prestige up in a few years, and wait for guys to graduate and make an opening that the prospects can see for playing time. The incoming freshmen you can get when you're up to 3*-4* prestige will be better than the seniors on your roster anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »