Home

Previous National Championship winners?

This is a discussion on Previous National Championship winners? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Previous National Championship winners?

Is there anywhere in the offline dynasty menu that will show all previous year's NC winners?? Say you are in year 10 and want to know who won it in year 3..... is there any way to find that out besides remembering?? LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Previous National Championship winners?

I keep a separate save for the end of every season so I can go back and look at stuff like that including, W/L records, stats, champions, Heisman winners etc. Just make sure you save it after the NC game, but before "advancing to next season."

For NCAA '09 I've also started keeping track of all of this stuff on Avid and it works beautifully. Now I can see all of that stuff from any web browser.

Here's a link to year 2012 of my dynasty and you can see that Cal won the NC that year.
http://www.avidmanager.com/Michigan-...sons/2012-4198
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

^^^

I like that idea. I may have to start doing that.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I keep a separate save for the end of every season so I can go back and look at stuff like that including, W/L records, stats, champions, Heisman winners etc. Just make sure you save it after the NC game, but before "advancing to next season."

For NCAA '09 I've also started keeping track of all of this stuff on Avid and it works beautifully. Now I can see all of that stuff from any web browser.

Here's a link to year 2012 of my dynasty and you can see that Cal won the NC that year.
http://www.avidmanager.com/Michigan-...sons/2012-4198
that is a pretty good idea. Does it take alot of time to fill out all that info??
Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

It's not too bad. The 2 longest steps are entering the season's stats every year and entering the new FR on my roster every year. The stats probably takes 15 minutes and the new FR about 5 minutes. It has cool stuff in it like:
1. Your roster carries over every year. IE. Going from 2008 to 2009, all FR -> SO, SO -> JR, JR -> SR, SR -> taken off roster.

2. While editing your rosters, you can flag players as red shirts.

3. While entering new FR, you can enter them 8 at a time instead of 1 at a time.

It also depends on how much detail you want. I only do the BCS and coaches' polls. I only enter the ranks, scores, and PotG for each game instead of the 5 or so other things you can enter. I don't write any posts detailing how my season is going. I only enter the 6 ratings that are on the "enter multiple players" page instead of every rating (IE. I don't have any THP or THA ratings for my QBs).

You can keep some amazingly detailed stuff from you dynasties, but I just keep the bare essentials like awards, season stats (which the site also compiles into career stats), schedule, final conference standings and other conference winners (like I can see by looking at a few screens that Boise State has never lost a frickin' WAC game in my dynasty!), preseason and post season polls.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »