Home

The slow controls in playing online(human vs human) drives me UP THE WALL!!!!

This is a discussion on The slow controls in playing online(human vs human) drives me UP THE WALL!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
The slow controls in playing online(human vs human) drives me UP THE WALL!!!!

God I swear this ticks me off, I've tried to beat the play clock when hot routing, and I'll press "X" to hury and snap the ball, it doesnt react immediately so I hit it again, then it snaps the ball and throws it immediately to "X" receiver often resorting in a interception or incompletion.

Then, it's near impossible to juke online and use your RB moves b/c the controls dont respond fast enough.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a perfect connection so I dont see why this is happening other than this is just the norm.

I lost a game today b/c at least 3 of the picks I threw were b/c I could not control the game properly, and I got sacked more times than I care to remember b/c I could get out of the way of the defenders.

Anybody else have this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 04:08 AM   #2
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The slow controls in playing online(human vs human) drives me UP THE WALL!!!!

This is why the majority of my games are offline. Aside from my Online Dynasty games I'm pretty much just a offline Dynasty player because the lag drives me nuts. And to me running is almost impossible when I play online. I never make my cuts on time or truck stick because of the lag, and some people will say you gotta get use to it or juke earlier but when I'm running up the gut and a hole opens up it's not like I can predict that.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: The slow controls in playing online(human vs human) drives me UP THE WALL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
God I swear this ticks me off, I've tried to beat the play clock when hot routing, and I'll press "X" to hury and snap the ball, it doesnt react immediately so I hit it again, then it snaps the ball and throws it immediately to "X" receiver often resorting in a interception or incompletion.

Then, it's near impossible to juke online and use your RB moves b/c the controls dont respond fast enough.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a perfect connection so I dont see why this is happening other than this is just the norm.

I lost a game today b/c at least 3 of the picks I threw were b/c I could not control the game properly, and I got sacked more times than I care to remember b/c I could get out of the way of the defenders.

Anybody else have this problem?
I know where your coming from.

Can this be fixed or improved, or is it impossible because of the number of interactions between players at once?
Old 09-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

^^^^

I dunno man. But I have noticed it is a little less bad if you play at night(I'm guessing less people are on). But it's still kinda bad.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I play people through xbox live. But they also live here in the same city as me and controller lag is ZERO.

I play against my dad almost every night and it runs as smooth as if I am playing the single player.

I suggest trying to find people closer to your location, this creates less jumps from node to node and should make it much more playable for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #6
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

hmmmm...i didnt know that would have any effect. I figured that since it was going through the EA servers that it would be that that determined the connection.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
hmmmm...i didnt know that would have any effect. I figured that since it was going through the EA servers that it would be that that determined the connection.
From what I understand, geographical distance DOES have an effect. We did double the number of "checks" the online game does on the control for NCAA 09, so it should at least be better than last year.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »