Home

How long did it take you to turn around a program?

This is a discussion on How long did it take you to turn around a program? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3
How long did it take you to turn around a program?

So basically I wanted to make a program into a power so I picked Miss St. Obviously it won't be as hard to turn them around than a 1 or 2 star program, but they are a 3 star program so it should be a challenge. But I picked them because I like their uni's and I wanted to play in the SEC.

Right now I am 3 and 1 with a game coming up against LSU.

I beat Auburn 45 to 35 but lost to Georgia Tech 24 to 17 the next week. With the way I played against GT I'll get my *** beat by LSU, but hopefully I'll finish the season with 4 losses.

I sure do miss all the speed I had at WVU, but that will come in time.

Oh and the only 5 star recruit that had interest in me committed to another team after week 1, talk about ****ty luck haha.

So what success have you all had turning around a crappy program?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: How long did it take you to turn around a program?

It took me four years to get Rice into the national championship game (which I won against Wisconsin it 4 OT). Went back for a second championship but lost to WVU (ironic haha) by a late field goal. Got them into the Big XII after that then my 360 died during the off-season and had to get a new. Lost everything!!! Have yet to start a new dynasty....
Old 09-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Getting Rice into a National Championship ever is an accomplishment.

In 08 I got Navy into a NC by season 5 and lost as I recall. I'm in year 2 of my Bowling Green dynasty and imagine a 3-4 year plan is what to expect here as well.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

It took me 5 years to make idaho into a contender then i got to the pac 10 and we are now 1 or 2 in the conference every year i only play ranked teams
Old 09-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Rookie

netjam99's Arena

OVR: 3

Old Blue and Gold I am just a couple of hours North of you Coaching Ole Miss. I feel like I turned the program around the first season with a 8-5 record. Well ok did not even hit the top 25 but I think most Rebel fans would be pretty happy with a eight win season and a trip to the Chick Fil-A Bowl againist the Miami Hurricanes.

I am not good with a controller and am punishing myself a bit playing on All American which means I really have to fight for those wins.

Speaking of which...I messed up this second season. I scheduled Michigan State (cool stadium!) and had Missouri (ranked #2) at Vaught Hemingway for my second game. Dang lost both and the Rebels are 0-2 and two bowls in a row are in serious danger right now. Absolutely gotta beat Navy and Vandy the next two weeks!

However recruiting was not bad and I have a few studs red shirting. I like to keep it real and not just jump out and go undefeated from the get go.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »