Home

When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

This is a discussion on When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

vtech11's Arena

OVR: 8
When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

I did the update the other day, but I noticed that my team's uniforms (Virginia Tech) are still the same. I thought they were going to fix this.

TIA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

it was stated by Adam that they can't "patch" art. so it wont be changed, that is, not until NCAA 2010.

but what was wrong with them?

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 09-01-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it was stated by Adam that they can't "patch" art. so it wont be changed, that is, not until NCAA 2010.

but what was wrong with them?
Virginia Tech has new uniforms this year. We'll get them in 2010 unless they decide to change them again and actually tell me about it before the game is done.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Icebergz's Arena

OVR: 5

[quote=OMT;2038665700]Virginia Tech has new uniforms this year. We'll get them in 2010 unless they decide to change them again and actually tell me about it before the game is done.[/QUOTE

I don't understand. Who was responsible for telling you about the change? I figured that would be EA's role. And what happened with Iowa's uniform?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Virginia Tech has new uniforms this year. We'll get them in 2010 unless they decide to change them again and actually tell me about it before the game is done.
This is a perfect example of the complacency that happens when you are just updating a best selling game year after year without competition!

I wonder how rampant this has become within EA Sports.

This was YOUR responsibility. Not Virginia Tech's. You are the company making the game. Your company paid for the RIGHT to use NCAA likenesses. But, you still got paid, right! Why should you care that this matters to the fans?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

In madden 07 you had downloadable uniforms. Couldn't you do the same and make the updated uniforms as downloadable free content?
Old 09-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbd
This is a perfect example of the complacency that happens when you are just updating a best selling game year after year without competition!

This was YOUR responsibility. Not Virginia Tech's. You are the company making the game. Your company paid for the RIGHT to use NCAA likenesses. But, you still got paid, right! Why should you care that this matters to the fans?
How is EA supposed to know that the Hokies was going to change their uniforms for this season, when VT didn't tell them, let alone anyone (I certainly didn't know until this past Saturday, and the Hokies are my school's rival)? Given that art is probably finalized at a certain point before the game goes gold, it's my assumption that EA reaches out to each university for changes one time, and beyond that it's the university's responsibility to notify EA of a change.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbd

Oh coooooooome on dude....

There are 100+ teams in this game who could change their uniform at any given notice. They are not obligated to notify EA Sports, if they don't how is EA supposed to know they were changed.

Fortunately they will learn about these things on this board from now on. But your statement is just silly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »