Home

Stubborn CPU

This is a discussion on Stubborn CPU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Stubborn CPU

I just did a little experiment to see if the CPU ever made adjustments during the game.

The answer is NO. A Big NO.

I was Clemson playing against Kansas on Heisman. 5 Min Qrtrs.

I wanted to see if the CPU actually reacted to PA Passes if I ran a lot. That was my initial interest.

Not only did they not react to the PA Passes but they never adjusted to my constant running.

I ran the ball 30 times for 153 and 3 TDs.

They never once stacked the box. I would run constantly back to back unless I was behind the sticks and had to throw.

Then I would throw a PA Pass. I only threw the ball 11 times.

The CPU only comes out in certain formations based on what formation I come out in.

If I come out in 5 wide but QB Draw it everytime, they will still come out in Dime or something as if I'm passing.

If I come out in Goalline but pass the ball everytime they will still come out in Goaline like I'm running.

Its stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Stubborn CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
I just did a little experiment to see if the CPU ever made adjustments during the game.

The answer is NO. A Big NO.

I was Clemson playing against Kansas on Heisman. 5 Min Qrtrs.

I wanted to see if the CPU actually reacted to PA Passes if I ran a lot. That was my initial interest.

Not only did they not react to the PA Passes but they never adjusted to my constant running.

I ran the ball 30 times for 153 and 3 TDs.

They never once stacked the box. I would run constantly back to back unless I was behind the sticks and had to throw.

Then I would throw a PA Pass. I only threw the ball 11 times.

The CPU only comes out in certain formations based on what formation I come out in.

If I come out in 5 wide but QB Draw it everytime, they will still come out in Dime or something as if I'm passing.

If I come out in Goalline but pass the ball everytime they will still come out in Goaline like I'm running.

Its stupid.
If you come out in a 5 wide receiver set, what do you expect the defense to come out in? If they stack the box because you are running QB draws, then they leave themselves open to you aubiling to a quick or deep pass and torching them.

And if you come out in goaline what defensive set should they come out in? Even if you pass all the time, if they come out in Dime, then they are having DB's matching up against TE's and thats not a favorable matchup for the D if you decide to run.

Just my .02

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 24

The CPU playcalls based on down and distance, and the formation that you call. They don't make adjustments based on your playcall whatsoever.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

They SHOULD make adjustments.

What sporting game doesn't make adjustments?

If I'm playing basketball and keep going to Lebron, they will start double teaming him.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
They SHOULD make adjustments.

What sporting game doesn't make adjustments?

If I'm playing basketball and keep going to Lebron, they will start double teaming him.
Of course. It's a joke that they don't make adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »