Home

Pulling the Plug in an Online Game

This is a discussion on Pulling the Plug in an Online Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Pulling the Plug in an Online Game

I've had a few games where I'm beating a friend of mine and all the sudden I see "Connection lost to opponent." Oddly enough, I see his Playstation ID go offline and then come back on a second later. Is this because he's pressing the PS3 button during the game and then disconnecting from the PS Network or quitting NCAA, or can this happen if you get randomly disconnected from EA Network? It doesn't even give me the option to continue game or count it as a win.

He says he doesn't know what happens... but the timing seems too coincidental.

Edit: By the way... when it happened tonight we'd already played one lag-free game and were half-way through another.

Any ideas?

Indy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Pulling the Plug in an Online Game

does the game freeze then disconnect? I had that happen to me once and it was the only time i thought the kid did not quit.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pulling the Plug in an Online Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
does the game freeze then disconnect? I had that happen to me once and it was the only time i thought the kid did not quit.
I had just completed a play that would have been a first down, then it froze for a few seconds (kind of like when the other person presses the pause button) and then it gave me the disconnect message. Just seemed kind of odd.. the timing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »