Home

Can the roster minimums per position be changed?

This is a discussion on Can the roster minimums per position be changed? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 62
Can the roster minimums per position be changed?

Would it be possible to eliminate these all together. I usually use a one back offense so a fullback is useless to me especially when I have a power back on the roster. Yet I can't turn these HBs into FBs without a debilitating decrease in their speed rating (another question would be why does this happen as well). Another example would be the Kickers and Punters, could there be a new position of K/P created so we could free up the scholarship for another player? In the default rosters FSU only has a Punter, so it would seem the game functions fine without these minimums being present.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Return of the Blake

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Can the roster minimums per position be changed?

I would like to see overall minimums instead of very specific requirements.

I only had 3 MLBs on my roster but since my default strategy was 3-4, it requires me to carry four of them. I had to cut a decent player and keep a 51 rated walkon MLB when doing my roster cuts because of this. Why not simply say you have to have at least 6 LBs for a 4-3 and 8 LBs for a 3-4? Switching spots isn't that big a deal. Same with the secondary, OL, RBs/FBs.

Also MassNole, you can get around the ratings hit if you want when you change positions. You can convert a HB to FB and keep all of his attributes except awareness which goes to 40 initially by switching them to QB first and then their new position. Another poster had posted here that if you switch a player initially to QB (and save it), it keeps all of their attributes the same but just sets the awareness to 40. Then you can switch him to a new position which doesn't change any attributes. The awareness will come back through some training but it might be something you want to consider.

P.S. I still don't see why converting a SS to a FS or vice versa on the depth chart gets such a big hit. That makes no sense to me.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Can the roster minimums per position be changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I would like to see overall minimums instead of very specific requirements.

I only had 3 MLBs on my roster but since my default strategy was 3-4, it requires me to carry four of them. I had to cut a decent player and keep a 51 rated walkon MLB when doing my roster cuts because of this. Why not simply say you have to have at least 6 LBs for a 4-3 and 8 LBs for a 3-4? Switching spots isn't that big a deal. Same with the secondary, OL, RBs/FBs.

Also MassNole, you can get around the ratings hit if you want when you change positions. You can convert a HB to FB and keep all of his attributes except awareness which goes to 40 initially by switching them to QB first and then their new position. Another poster had posted here that if you switch a player initially to QB (and save it), it keeps all of their attributes the same but just sets the awareness to 40. Then you can switch him to a new position which doesn't change any attributes. The awareness will come back through some training but it might be something you want to consider.

P.S. I still don't see why converting a SS to a FS or vice versa on the depth chart gets such a big hit. That makes no sense to me.
Agreed about the Safety's taking huge hits on the switch.

Noles, you can also change your Offensive or Defensive playing style and it will cause either LB's, Safety's, DL's to go up or down. On Offense it can keep you from needing a FB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »