Home

couple of questions...

This is a discussion on couple of questions... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
couple of questions...

i've always loved ncaa. i've bought pretty much every years version except for this year. i've been reading about all the problems this game has with all the glitches and the cpu passing and all that. i'm just wondering, is it worth it to get this game? with the patch being released, is it a step forward or backward from last years? waste of 60 bucks and should i just wait again til next year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: couple of questions...

If you love college football get it...It's awesome.

If you like college football...I dont know.

If you are ok with college football...Do not get it.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

hmmm. i dont think i could recommend this one.

Without being too harsh it is much closer to being Ncaa Blitz than a sim football game.

Im a huge college football fan so the problems are worse for me. I would disagree with the above poster... the more you are diehard about ncaa and the more you are into the X's and O's the less you will like this game in my opinion.

If you want a casual football game that can be fun at times go for it. Especially if you like to score! If you are a defense guy dont even think about it.

good luck.

(To be fair, i dont have the time to test out different slider combinations pre and post patch... Perhaps the game is better now post patch with changed slides, but straight out of the box it is not real good.)
Old 09-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

I totally recommend it, post patch. I'm a defensive guy and on offense I suck and it's a challenge to put up points. And on defense it's really fun with the adjusted sliders.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

I can't believe threads like this are still popping up. How long has this game been out????

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
If you love college football get it...It's awesome.

If you like college football...I dont know.

If you are ok with college football...Do not get it.
I'd argue it's the exact opposite.

If you love college football and want a real sim experience... rent it, then decide whether to buy it

If you like college football and want a good game with some sim feel... it's 50/50, but I'd get it and just try to appreciate the good things.

If you just want to play some college football, then get it because it's a fun game when you don't cloud your mind with the unrealistic nature of the gameplay.

If you're a CPU/CPU player or online dynasty player, then I wouldn't get the game at this point.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19

Well as far as gameplay goes it's not the best, but if you like to watch college football...The first thing you are going to want to do after Saturday is play this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »