Home

next gen newbie...no DII schools?

This is a discussion on next gen newbie...no DII schools? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
next gen newbie...no DII schools?

I have not played this series since 05, stepped up to the plate bought my PS3 and so far so good...however, what happened to all those DII teams you could pick for scheduling? No more cupcakes? Why would this be dropped? Any word on it coming back in for future versions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: next gen newbie...no DII schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerboat
I have not played this series since 05, stepped up to the plate bought my PS3 and so far so good...however, what happened to all those DII teams you could pick for scheduling? No more cupcakes? Why would this be dropped? Any word on it coming back in for future versions?
Yeah, get used to one of many next gen disappointments... It really is a shame.

To answer your question i believe they replaced these teams with generic FCS South, FCS North, etc. etc. teams that you can schedule.

So you can still play 1AA teams on your schedule but they are generic...
Old 09-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
Rookie

that is a shame...thanks for the info
Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

yea they really want to but it takes to long to render that many schools and get lighting right. plus they have changed player models for three years in a row and havent had time to add anything. they also have to pay every school they add but i dont think that has much to do with it. i remember reading they are thinking of putting a team creater in where you can up load images and create your own team which would be there real life counter part and then you can put the team on ea's servers so everyone else can get them. that would be amazing if they pull that off. actually shouldnt be hard as other games have already used this but it will put the control in the end user to be accurate with their 1-aa team. i know create a team will be a big deal for the next version and i hope this is added.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
yea they really want to but it takes to long to render that many schools and get lighting right. plus they have changed player models for three years in a row and havent had time to add anything.
Yeah you're right.

They haven't had time to add anything.

It's not a completed game.

It's not a completed product.

Sure it looks nice, and the animations are probably decent, but this is nowhere near the sim engine that was NCAA '08 on original xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
yea they really want to but it takes to long to render that many schools and get lighting right. plus they have changed player models for three years in a row and havent had time to add anything. they also have to pay every school they add but i dont think that has much to do with it. i remember reading they are thinking of putting a team creater in where you can up load images and create your own team which would be there real life counter part and then you can put the team on ea's servers so everyone else can get them. that would be amazing if they pull that off. actually shouldnt be hard as other games have already used this but it will put the control in the end user to be accurate with their 1-aa team. i know create a team will be a big deal for the next version and i hope this is added.
They didn't care about having the 1AA teams accurate before. On the ps2, all of the 1AA teams had generic stadiums, generic fight songs, and inaccurate rosters. They could only be used for cupcake scheduling or as a replacement team to have in a conference.

I don't see why they just don't have the same now, or even let you select them from a list for scheduling. If they didn't put 1AA teams in after App St. beat Michigan, then they never will. It has nothing to do with time, but laziness. They'd see it as getting little return on the effort, so why even do it.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerboat

D-II schools are Delta St., North Alabama, Valdosta St., Pittsburg St. etc.

The schools that were on last gen were 1-AA schools such as your SWAC schools, Appy St., etc. Now they are called FCS schools.

I'd love to see them as well along with their season format coinciding with our BCS season at the same time. I seriously doubt we'll ever see it in a format other than incorporating one team in a D-1's place if we even see that. It is a huge amount of work, regardless of what everyone thinks should be easy. The only hope we could ever imagine would be a totally different game with all of those teams and their format.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
D-II schools are Delta St., North Alabama, Valdosta St., Pittsburg St. etc.

The schools that were on last gen were 1-AA schools such as your SWAC schools, Appy St., etc. Now they are called FCS schools.
This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. People complain about FCS/IAA not being in but they call them DII, which suggests they don't care about them all that much IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I'd love to see them as well along with their season format coinciding with our BCS season at the same time. I seriously doubt we'll ever see it in a format other than incorporating one team in a D-1's place if we even see that. It is a huge amount of work, regardless of what everyone thinks should be easy. The only hope we could ever imagine would be a totally different game with all of those teams and their format.
This would be great. Being able to play a dynasty as an FCS school (with their playoff system) while recruiting against FBS schools. Possibly moving an FCS team into FBS based on performance rather than just choosing to replace an FBS team at the start of a dynasty. It could add huge depth to an already pretty good dynasty mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »