Home

Question about Conference championship games.

This is a discussion on Question about Conference championship games. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Question about Conference championship games.

Anyone have any more information on this?

I know its not a big deal but it has sparked my curiosity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Question about Conference championship games.

Here is something weird I saw in an 12-person online dynasty (user-controlled teams are LSU, UF, UGA, tOSU, FSU, OK ST, MIA, ND, Texas Tech, Colorado, Michigan and Virginia Tech). I'm playing as LSU. I defeated UF 31-17. I then lose to #1 UGA 28-21 (I was ranked #3 at the time, which dropped me down to #9). UF defeated UGA (forgot the score when they played).

LSU finishes 11-1 Overall, 1 Conference loss, 0 losses in division (only loss was to UGA)
UF finishes 10-2 Overall, 1 Loss in Conference, 0 losses in Division (lost to LSU and FSU)
UGA finishes 11-1 Overall, 1 Loss in Conference, 1 loss in Division (only loss was to UF, a conference AND division oppponent)

I PLAYED UGA IN THE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!! How is this possible? UF should have played me again in the Conf Champ (UF user was pissed as would be expected). The ONLY thing I can think of is that NCAA 09 used the Overall record to determine the SEC East representative.

2nd strange thing: After defeating UGA (and exacting my revenge) in SEC Champ game, I move up to #3 and get invited to the Sugar Bowl vs Virgina Tech, who lost to #2 FSU in the ACC Champ game (2nd loss to FSU during season). VT's record coming into game was 9-3, I was 12-1. VIRGINIA TECH WAS THE CONSIDERED THE HOME TEAM IN THE SUPERDOME!! I still laugh every time I think about this. I won a close game 17-9 to finish the season 13-1 and ranked #2 (FSU defeated OSU for Nat'l champ in a blowout).

Still shaking my head about these...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »