Home

the ball defying the laws of physics? (will it ever be/can it be fixed?)

This is a discussion on the ball defying the laws of physics? (will it ever be/can it be fixed?) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #1
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
the ball defying the laws of physics? (will it ever be/can it be fixed?)

I was just wondering if OMT or anyone can answer this. Im liking the game alot post patch getting alot of close games and not too much frustration, but one thing happened today that under no circumstance should EVER happen. CPU threw a pass going straight for my linebacker, when all of a sudden right before the ball hits him, it stops in mid air and slides/morphs sideways then continues forward to the CPU wr standing next to the linebacker for a catch. I can put up with the collision detection messing up and balls going through my players sometimes and the players ice skating every now and then, but this is just something thats blatantly wrong and has always been in the game, it cost me a win today and Im just wondering what is up with it, if its something that just happens cause of the code of the game or what? any answer will be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: the ball defying the laws of physics? (will it ever be/can it be fixed?)

The magnet glitch you mean right? I have seen it happen a couple times also. Don' t know why it wasn't fixed this year because people made a big deal about it last year.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 09-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
stewaat

OVR:
Re: the ball defying the laws of physics? (will it ever be/can it be fixed?)

I don't think it's a glitch. The difference from old gen to next gen was actually seeing the ball hit the WRs in the hands. There is some suction going on to get the ball in the hands. It's a big reason why there aren't as many incompletions as we'd like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »