Home

Need Some Help

This is a discussion on Need Some Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2
Need Some Help

OK, I have been playing the NCAA franchise for ten years, but this is my first foray into the next gen console (I have a PS3). I am a die hard Irish fan so I have been playing Notre Dame in my dynasty with friends. Now granted, this Irish team sucks big time (that's a given) and I'm still getting used to some of the newer controls from previous seasons (I'm not terribly good with the damn toggles for example). Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if my struggles are attributed to the Irish have a young and weaker team than other teams, if I just suck in general at this game (doing things wrong), or if this game just blows. So, without the unhelpful flaming and telling me to "do searches" or the like, can people please chime in with what I'm doing wrong perhaps?

Currently, I am 7-4 in my first season which in realism would be outstanding for the current Notre Dame team. However, this is digital football and I am a seasoned player of older NCAA copies so I should be way better than that. I currently run their offensive playbook (which is pretty vanilla and I plan on changing next season) and the base defenses of course. I can generate decent running, and my passing is "OK". I'm not blowing up texas Tech passing stats, but I'm doing alright. The real problem is defense.

My defense is slow as a senior citizen hockey game. I cannot stop the short pass consistently with my corners and safeties. My linebackers can stuff the run well, but completely suck in pass coverage. I do not generate much of a pass rush at all...I rarely get a sack playing either as the linebackers or defensive line. I mean, I even have sucktastic teams like Syracuse walking up the field on me. Man and zone both seem to do little. What gives? BTW, I'm playing on the regular default difficulty.

Thanks for any constructive advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Need Some Help

it happens..had a FCS team walk half way up the field on me. try Zone and Cover 2 also you have to get some fast DB's in recruiting. I play man or Cover 1 out of the Nickel most times. I play with the MLB and follow the QB and patrol the middle of the field. This strategy negates a lot of bull. Also, i press coverage every down this gives my pass rush a lil more time to get to the QB. But you will be more responsible for the run on plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »