Home

moving tall slow wr to te?

This is a discussion on moving tall slow wr to te? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: moving tall slow wr to te?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
but you really cannot take a real life scenario and plug it into this game. In real life- you'll have a safety or strong side backer (at worse) on Beckum- since the game doesn't even have specific LBs listed nor does any game adjustments like sticking a saftey on him i see it as an exploit.
I can see your point. I'm not sure how often the cpu would use the double team TE play if they recognize you throwing to the TE a lot. I haven't done this in the game yet so I don't know how cheese it is. I certainly try to recruit fast TEs when I can but that is the one position that seems to avoid my program like the plague. I throw a lot of balls to the position and yet not a single 4* or 5* TE prospect has been interested in me for three years. All of my TEs are the balanced type.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

I had a 6'7 325lb tackle(3*) come in and go from a 74 LT to a 84TE. He has around 75spd maybe 76 77. Anyway he became an impact player halfway through the year, but what was weird is i never threw to him. He would always do that lay-down-on-your-stomach Trap against the ground catch and never really could get open. He is a true soph now and is rated 90overall. He is still an impact player and is a little better at catching but he avg like .75 or 1 catch a game. I'm assuming he is an impact player either b/c of his size or blocking ability(it is like having an extra lineman duh) People forget the importance of a good blocking TE. Guess which side I'm running to this year? haha
Old 09-11-2008, 04:36 AM   #11
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

I play as utah state or idaho in my dynasties. A TE that can't block is basically a revolving door for a pass rush against any ranked teams I customize into the schedule. i just played my third yr utah state dynasty vs. #1 florida and it was just sick. FLA was hurdling, running over, running around my linemen and tearing into my QB's like they were chicken wings. no WRs at TE for me. I need some beef on the ends
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 06:30 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Switching positions in general is completely broken. In real life, plays in college switch positions ALL THE TIME. In the game, you almost have to play a guy at the position he was recruited to play. About all you can do is switch the OL around. Anything else and your player will suffer huge ratings losses.

Seriously... why can't I even move a tight end to fullback? I've had to do that a few times since no fullbacks ever want to play for me, and every time my tight end goes from a pretty good recruit to useless (which is ok, since I never use my fullback, but still...).

I realize it's probably a pretty minor issue with a lot of people, but for me, this is one of the most serious problems in the game. I pretty much exclusively play dynasty mode, and stuff like this bugs the hell out of me (also the lack of formation subs... why?).
Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by moTIGS
Switching positions in general is completely broken. In real life, plays in college switch positions ALL THE TIME. In the game, you almost have to play a guy at the position he was recruited to play. About all you can do is switch the OL around. Anything else and your player will suffer huge ratings losses.

Seriously... why can't I even move a tight end to fullback? I've had to do that a few times since no fullbacks ever want to play for me, and every time my tight end goes from a pretty good recruit to useless (which is ok, since I never use my fullback, but still...).

I realize it's probably a pretty minor issue with a lot of people, but for me, this is one of the most serious problems in the game. I pretty much exclusively play dynasty mode, and stuff like this bugs the hell out of me (also the lack of formation subs... why?).
It would be nice to have formation subs but do you know the switch position work around? If you want to switch a player's position WITHOUT his attributes changing, you need to change the player to QB first, save and then move him to a new position. All of the attributes will stay the same except awareness which goes to 40.

So if you want to move a TE to FB, you would have to change him like this: TE to QB, save, QB to FB, save. His skills will stay the same with only his awareness taking a big hit. Some position switches will drop guys speed and other ratings. If you can live with the awareness hit in the offseason this may help you.

I do agree that some of the depth chart stuff is really bad. A backup safety should have very similar ratings at both FS and SS and yet they act as though its a foreign position.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

If you abuse your newfound TE in the pass game then it is pretty cheese. LBs and DBs for that matter can't stay with hardly anyone out of a break. Even a slow WR that is a 85 speed, switched to TE because an animal.

I have a TE in my Purdue OD that is a 90speed. He is virtually unstoppable and I'd estimate that 75% off TE routes are kinda cheese.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would not do it myself except for what someone above said and that it is hard to get some positions to come to your school, even as a 6 star national champion. I have moved 99 spd HB's to WR, tall and slow WR's to TE, underperforming T's to TE, MLB's to DE, etc. And I think you can look at it from real life becase Tennessee has made a living doing it. Leonard Little was a LB turned DE. Jason Witten was a DE turned TE. Lot's of DL's turned OL's in their past, etc. Even Al Wilson was a RB when he was recruited (and yes, Peyton was always a QB).

As far as LB's covering them, I have 88 spd and 90 spd LB's on Tennessee rated in the 80's. Every SEC team has 88 and 90 spd LB's... they are faster than the DB's used to be. Plus, if you are killing them with the pass, they can go nickle and bring in a 3rd DB, just like you would if you faced a great pass catching TE. SS's and FS's cover the TE as often as the LB's, so I don't see the problem. They get open easier, but they are more fragile, can't block (just run a stretch behind one), and will likely not make the transition to the pros if you are building Madden classes.

Position switching is about the only way to survive more than 2 yrs in a dynasty. I don't see how you can't...

"Never let anyone outside the family know what you are thinking..."

Gamertag: SharkInShades
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #16
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I have converted a WR to a TE with Texas Tech, only because there weren't many TEs that were interested and the ones i tried to recruit signed with other schools. however, I don't use TEs much anyway, and i recruited a slow WR (82 or so speed) and moved him over to TE. more to fill the spot so i don't get stuck with a 40 overall rated walk-on. same goes for FB position when i play with TTU.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »