Home

Anyone else become a realist

This is a discussion on Anyone else become a realist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Cool Anyone else become a realist

had never been much of a slider guy in the first place, but this year with the obvious problems with the game out of the box, kind of got myself all caught up in the sliders.

last nite i finally said "F" it and set everything back to 50/50 on AA except for the int's and knockdowns.

finally decided to adjust the game with the defensive awarness, and call it good.

interesting concept. i was finally able to quit worrying about how they affected my game.

anyone else?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Anyone else become a realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
had never been much of a slider guy in the first place, but this year with the obvious problems with the game out of the box, kind of got myself all caught up in the sliders.

last nite i finally said "F" it and set everything back to 50/50 on AA except for the int's and knockdowns.

finally decided to adjust the game with the defensive awarness, and call it good.

interesting concept. i was finally able to quit worrying about how they affected my game.

anyone else?
I have been doing this since NCAA 06. I just accept these games for what they are. This has actually allowed me to enjoy gaming more in general. Well except I play on heisman, but I only adjust the A.I. sliders, slightly to make completions more realistic.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don't adjust sliders at all, outside of kicking sliders, which this year I had adjusted, but moved back to default after the 2nd patch.

For me, adjusting sliders leads me to second guessing myself, and looking to see if my sliders are working instead of playing the game. I feel that if I adjust sliders then I'm trying to get a "predetermined outcome" and not letting the game "play out" so to speak.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, Sliders are a slippery slope. When they first appeared on consoles around 2002 (I guess??), I would play a game or two, make a few quick adjustments and off I went. But as time went on, it seemed I would spend more and more time tinkering. Not sure if it was the games themselves, or my expectations, but it definately got out of control. These days I still make adjustments, but I really try to resist the temptation of getting trapped in slider hell.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
Banned

It would be nice if we didn't need sliders....the whole concept for sliders seems to be an attempt to make up for bad programming out of the box. I feel you on not wanting to touch the sliders but for me, sometimes it's necessary. I've advocated giving us more sliders ala the 2K series, but now that you mention it, When I'm tweaking sliders I do focus my energy on seeing if they're doing anything rather than enjoying the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #6
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Can't agree, especially when it comes to this title. The sliders have made a tremendous impact for the better.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 09-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #7
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
For me, adjusting sliders leads me to second guessing myself, and looking to see if my sliders are working instead of playing the game. I feel that if I adjust sliders then I'm trying to get a "predetermined outcome" and not letting the game "play out" so to speak.

Yeah, exactly where I'm at.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:04 AM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

If I played default I would win by a huge margin every time. Can't do it. Have to make the game harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »