Home

Team Progression

This is a discussion on Team Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Team Progression

Well, I just finished my first season finally. Went 8-5 with my Huskers after a loss in the Alamo Bowl.

I think the season pretty much played out for me the way i'd like it to so with the 5 losses I'm not to disappointed.

Offensively and Defensively I think I could have been better.

**My question is with all this wide open game play crap, is a person actually able to build a team through recruiting and actually make your team better as years progress? Do your current underclassmen actually get better and provide more horsepower to your team as the years progress, or in continuing into season 2 will I just be beating a dead horse here?

I think I'm pretty set to have a decent recruiting class coming in, and some decent players redshirted that i think will be up and coming, if so the game allows....

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Team Progression

yeah you can definitely build up your team and make them way better. The hardest part of the game for me is playing defense, I adjust the sliders the best I can to make it fun and realistic, but I think with the lack of good line play and qbs being on the money it can get frustrating at times. I still like the game alot you just wish that it had maddens line play and defense with ncaa wide open offense. I know a pipe dream
Old 09-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes. With good recruiting and progression, any team can be a contender withing 3-4 years. I took Middle Tennessee State to a BCS game in 3 years (on Heisman).
Old 09-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

^^^

^^^

Good info, and good to hear, thanks for the input.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
**My question is with all this wide open game play crap, is a person actually able to build a team through recruiting and actually make your team better as years progress? Do your current underclassmen actually get better and provide more horsepower to your team as the years progress, or in continuing into season 2 will I just be beating a dead horse here?

I think I'm pretty set to have a decent recruiting class coming in, and some decent players redshirted that i think will be up and coming, if so the game allows....
Yeah, player progression is nice in this game, I think the average increase in OVR was 3 to4 for non starting players in my Temple dynasty. My True Freshman QB had a 9 OVR increase and my True Freshman RB had a 7 OVR increase. I started both which is probably why I went 6-6 in my 1st year. But next year I should be in the hunt for the MAC Conference Title.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd say it's too easy to build a program up in mid-major conferences. It's harder to take a low prestige team from a major conference who has to keep playing tough teams every week, but even then the recruiting engine is tilted heavily towards the user.

Player progression is good though and balances things out a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »