Home

Something else they could put in NCAA '10

This is a discussion on Something else they could put in NCAA '10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3
Something else they could put in NCAA '10

One addition that I think would add to the game would be having coach ratings. If say you have a lower tier team going up against a power, your players should put in more effort depending on if your coaching rating is high.

I noticed in a game against #9 Tennessee as Miss St, my players seem to have fought for the extra yardage and broke a few more tackles which led to some big plays for me. This is with essentially the same team that got demolished by Tennessee the year before. But I'm sure this is more random than anything and I just got lucky on a couple of plays.

So if your coach ratings are high, your team could have a better chance of pulling off the upset against a much better team. And I realize that there are the coaching options after timeouts, but this would add so much more.

Of course the first priority is to improve gameplay.

Last edited by Old Gold and Blue; 09-11-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Something else they could put in NCAA '10

How bout putting the dam refs back on the field.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
Pro

bullcats's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree that would be a nice feature. It could be something similar to College Hoops coach ratings where you are awarded points at the end of the season based upon how you do and could use them to upgrade your coach however you choose.

Football:
Dallas Cowboys
Florida State Seminoles

Basketball:
Kentucky Wildcats
Chicago Bulls
Old 09-13-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullcats
I agree that would be a nice feature. It could be something similar to College Hoops coach ratings where you are awarded points at the end of the season based upon how you do and could use them to upgrade your coach however you choose.
I wish they would take the College Hoops closed legacy options and just copy that. Start off as a Coach at a small time School and work your way up to the big time. Real coaching carosel that we could name our coaches with the Roster file, not running around loops to name them, only to never have them leave that school. Building up your coach ratings and based on what you build up, it can help/hurt you in recruiting. Depending on your ratings,strategy,strengths & weaknesses, conference, Etc. recruiting would change cause no-one wants to play in a system that isn't build for them.

I know you can just choose a team that sucks in the game and build them up, but you seem to get offers from the BCS Schools after a year, 2-3 max. Should be a much slower process. Goals should be realistic too. If I don't win NC it should be a dissapointment, but not make me lose rating/Support or whatever its called cause I went 10-2 and lost to 2 top 15 teams. just don't seem realistic all the time. Every now and then yes, but not as much as it happens in this game.

Even be able to start out as either HC at Buffalo or A coordinator at a BCS School. The HC route would give you a edge in certain ratings, while a Coordinator you could fine tune things better. Have a Pro's Con's for each situation. Same as if you jump around alot or stay at one School for many years different ratings, and pro's & Con's. I could go on and on, just something that would add something new & different to the Dynasy.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirrtySouth78
I wish they would take the College Hoops closed legacy options and just copy that. Start off as a Coach at a small time School and work your way up to the big time. Real coaching carosel that we could name our coaches with the Roster file, not running around loops to name them, only to never have them leave that school. Building up your coach ratings and based on what you build up, it can help/hurt you in recruiting. Depending on your ratings,strategy,strengths & weaknesses, conference, Etc. recruiting would change cause no-one wants to play in a system that isn't build for them.

I know you can just choose a team that sucks in the game and build them up, but you seem to get offers from the BCS Schools after a year, 2-3 max. Should be a much slower process. Goals should be realistic too. If I don't win NC it should be a dissapointment, but not make me lose rating/Support or whatever its called cause I went 10-2 and lost to 2 top 15 teams. just don't seem realistic all the time. Every now and then yes, but not as much as it happens in this game.

Even be able to start out as either HC at Buffalo or A coordinator at a BCS School. The HC route would give you a edge in certain ratings, while a Coordinator you could fine tune things better. Have a Pro's Con's for each situation. Same as if you jump around alot or stay at one School for many years different ratings, and pro's & Con's. I could go on and on, just something that would add something new & different to the Dynasy.
Before I got to your post I swear I was about to make a topic on this, and I agree with all of it. I would rather have a closed dynasty option instead of the campus legend because I feel if the coaching side of dynasty was re-worked to included a coaching carosel and coach ratings then dynasty could be the ultimate experience
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I love the ideas in this thread. Closed dynasty would be fun, but even those that don't want a closed dynasty, we need coaching ratings. I want to be able to hire cooridators too and have them have a certain rating, much like Madden had a few years ago.

Of course, with all of this, we'd need real coaches in the game. Hopefully EA is reading this thread cause some good ideas are in here.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah how about they put in the Gophers New Stadium that will open up next year. There was a thread that stated they can't as they are not able to use the 3D renderings that are currently available along with photos of it being built now. I am sure if this was a top tier team they would do everything possible to make it happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »