Home

Game Freezes That Just Started Happening

This is a discussion on Game Freezes That Just Started Happening within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11
Game Freezes That Just Started Happening

I've had the game since release and up until 2 days ago my game has frozen maybe 2 or 3 times. Now I can't even finish a game, sometimes not even a quarter w/o the game freezing. I thought maybe it was my rosters since I had created a player on rosters that were made pre-patch, so I deleted the rosters and re-downloaded them but that didn't help. This is very frustrating as I'm in the last week of an online dynasty and can't play my final game.

I don't think this is a patch 2 related issue as I've played multiple games with the 2nd patch with no problems. I'm thinking that maybe it's the disc but I haven't tried playing any other games to see if it could be my 360.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking about going back to Wal-Mart and swapping the game and see if a new disc fixes it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Game Freezes That Just Started Happening

I've had similar problems that just started, but mine isn't happening in the game. After first starting up the game, if I go into either the game sliders or try loading a roster file, it freezes after hitting exit and as the main screen tries loading, it freezes. It was doing this before the patches as well once in awhile, but thought that was due to the roster problems. I thought that was fixed? Anyway, it's very random, at times it won't happen for a while, then the other day, it happened 4 times in a row with me doing something randomly different each time.

Very frustrating. No other game does this... ever.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Rookie

tberte's Arena

My game has been doing this since I bought it. One of my online dynasty games I had to simulate because it constantly locked up on the opening kickoff. WTF is going on?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

If these are with PS3s, I've had this going on as well... Though people here would have you think that you're insane... Though mins isn't all the time...
Old 09-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Enderz Game's Arena

OVR: 2

I've had the game freeze up a couple of times on the features splash screen that comes up right after you exit out at the end of an offline dynasty game (normally flashes the word "Loading..." while the visuals eventually fade into the offline dynasty headquarters page).

I tried clearing the cache on my 360 and that seems to have helped. If you google it you should be able to find detailed instructions. My understanding is that it clears out all of the junk that has accumulated in part of the memory of your xbox (like deleting temp files on a PC) and can help with freezing issues.

One thing to be aware of is that it deletes all of the game-specific updates that are stored on your HDD (not game saves or live content, just patches) so after you do it you'll be prompted to install these updates again the next time you play those games. They usually only take about 10 seconds to load so it's not a big deal compared to dealing with freezing issues. It's probably worth a shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

In my case, if i leave my game in my 360 when i'm not playing it this will happen. It only happened once to me during a dynasty loading screen. Since i've been removing the disc when i'm not playing this hasn't happened to me again. I had the same problem with NBA 2k8 until i started doing that. I let my dashboard appear first, then i put the game in.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0ss0ver
In my case, if i leave my game in my 360 when i'm not playing it this will happen. It only happened once to me during a dynasty loading screen. Since i've been removing the disc when i'm not playing this hasn't happened to me again. I had the same problem with NBA 2k8 until i started doing that. I let my dashboard appear first, then i put the game in.
I have my 360 set to where it goes to the dashboard first when I turn it on so thats not the problem. Or are you saying you hit the eject button to turn your 360 on?

It's also been locking up at random like other people were saying. At first it would lock up loading a file and I though I might have too many save files (I had like 5 BS dynasty files). So I deleted all the extra files that I never use and it seems like it prolongs the lock up but it still ALWAYS happens. I've yet to play a full game in 4 days. I'll clear the cache tonight and see what happens.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
Rookie

tberte's Arena

Does anybody know if replacing the game disc has helped?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »