Home

ncaa foorball 2k2 (dreamcast)

This is a discussion on ncaa foorball 2k2 (dreamcast) within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: which would be better if 2k were in college since 06'?
ncaa football 2009 8 36.36%
college footbal 2k9 14 63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon5 ncaa foorball 2k2 (dreamcast)

Does anyone have a clue why the 2k crew did not pursue the college route after losing the professional license to ea? this game was good, even though ladell betts owned it. But i mean when 2k got the baseball license ea went college baseball route, it was ok of a game just college baseball is not a popular sport. With the popularity of college football and the 2k following and ea's next gen mishaps, 2k coulda done locked up college football. Does anyone know if there were licensing issues or just a terrible decison on 2ks part. To me this is 2k's biggest missed oppurtunity. think if we had nfl 2k5 converted to ncaa 2k6 with all of 2ks extras and flair and the time they take on gameplay. then run it fo 4 years, ncaa 2k9.... i think we we woulda had our perfect 10 college game by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: ncaa foorball 2k2 (dreamcast)

Truthfully, I don't think NCAA Football is very profitable compared to the NFL games. I think the pro sport franchises make the collegiate counterparts look like a drop in the bucket (financially).

I think that without a professional counterpart, it becomes too costly and not profitable enough to make a college game. Having Madden makes it easy for NCAA to be ported over instead of made from the ground up.

That said, I love college football, never miss a version, and rarely buy Madden, so I am with you on that one. Unfortunately I think that's the exception rather than the rule on the market though.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

great point, i didnt think of that. but yea since ur makin maden f it throw in college
Old 09-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAiLmAn 502
great point, i didnt think of that. but yea since ur makin maden f it throw in college
huh? grammar much?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

EA is the only company that can make a NCAA Football game. They bought that too. And they just got the NCAA Basketball license too. All these NFL and NCAA people want the exclusive licenses and EA buys them up. Can't blame them but it sure does suck for gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

i was wondering if the EA monster gobbled em up
Old 09-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
EA is the only company that can make a NCAA Football game. They bought that too. And they just got the NCAA Basketball license too. All these NFL and NCAA people want the exclusive licenses and EA buys them up. Can't blame them but it sure does suck for gamers.
The NCAA Basketball part is not true. 2K did not renew their license but EA does not have an exclusive on that.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
Truthfully, I don't think NCAA Football is very profitable compared to the NFL games. I think the pro sport franchises make the collegiate counterparts look like a drop in the bucket (financially).

While no sports games can compare with Madden, NCAA dominates the month of July and early august. North americans love football, and I wish 2k could provide another option for gamers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »