Home

Worst 4-Star Prospect ever?

This is a discussion on Worst 4-Star Prospect ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Worst 4-Star Prospect ever?

I recruited a 4-star CB from my home state. I was excited that he was rated 79 overall because I'd lost my two starters to graduation and the draft so my team was really thin at CB. I go to check out his other ratings and here are two that jumped out:

MCV (Man Coverage) - 4
ZCV (Zone Coverage) - 4

FOUR!?! He's the lowest rated player on my team in those categories. Lower than my offensive lineman! How exactly is a corner back that can't play man or zone coverage going to help me? He's getting burned left and right 3 games into the season. Anyone else had something like this happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Worst 4-Star Prospect ever?

Yeh, for some reasons those ratings don't factor into DBs. Speed, tackle and catch attributes seem to only affect the ratings mainly
Old 09-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 12

lol... wow... with coverage ratings that low you almost have to wonder if the guy is legally blind.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
Rookie

omisos's Arena

OVR: 2

EA should be ashamed of putting out such a crappy product. The stack of glitches just keeps piling up.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

This isn't a glitch. It's realistic. Every year there are a bunch of guys who come in with all the physical tools but no head on their shoulders. So he's big, fast, strong, etc. Doesn't mean he's going to be a good football player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 06:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, but 4? Kickers, punters, homeless guys who walk in off the street have better coverage skills. I doubt you'll find a corner on the original roster with ratings that low.

And why is it that MCV and ZCV don't make the OVR of corners and safeties go up or down at all? Aren't those kind of important to a DB? The block shedding attributes don't make the OVR of D linemen go up or down either. I actually think none of the attributes they added in nextgen effect OVR, which kind of makes me wonder if they even do anything.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

wait.... are you telling me that MCV and ZCV do not effect a CB's play? WTF, I have been recruiting primarily on THOSE 2 attributes. I have 2 questions then.

1) What attributes DO matter for a CB besides speed?
2) MCV and ZCV, if they don't effect CB play, what position do they effect?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
wait.... are you telling me that MCV and ZCV do not effect a CB's play?
No, I'm saying they don't effect the OVR. You can have a 99 OVR CB with 0 in both those ratings, or a 50 OVR CB who's 99 in those ratings, which is kind of stupid.

Whether it effects the way they play, I don't know. Some people say it does, I have my doubts. It's kind of hard to tell with the defense dumbed down the way it is. Good corners are bad, and bad corners are bad. You never know whether what EA intended the ratings to do is actually what they do anyway, with all the bugs and glitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »