Home

Can anyone answer this simple question for me?

This is a discussion on Can anyone answer this simple question for me? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #17
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Can anyone answer this simple question for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
VERY good ideas and strats in this thread! Definitely glad I came across it. I haven't used the 3-3-5 mainly because I didn't know what to use against what, but you guys definitely have me thinking about giving it a run.

Two things I would like to ask...1. How does the 3-3-5 stack up against the run? 2. Would you guys recommend using the 3-3-5 versus an option runner (human opponent) or no? I just last night for the first time tried the 4-2-5, without much success I might add, so I wanted to get you guys' take on the 3-3-5 versus the option -- or any formations, plays, strategies in general you'd recommend in defending the option (having more trouble with plays to the outside).

The 335 against the run is OK as long as you are bringing heat. If you are sitting back and playing a zone you won't stop anyone even if you are zone blitzing.

Against human opponents this is OK because most human opponents don't understand not to mash down on the sprint button. If they mash down on the sprint button the defense become Hall of Famers for some reason. I just don't understand EA's programming logic at times.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #18
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Why switch up the play calling against the CPU? You know what will work. You know what will beat it every play? It isn't your fault this game is poorly programmed and designed. I don't know if it is this way any more because I don't play against the CPU enough. I do know that when I was a heavy dynasty guy I memorized what the CPU defenses were against the plays in all the formations. If you called SG Spread Deep Attack the CPU would be in man EVERY TIME!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I use most of my 3-3-5 playbook as I would find it very boring to call the same plays on offense or defense.
I also know that I could score a TD on 30-50% of pitch plays with a 99SPD HB or on 50% of CPU blitzes by audibliing to a PA pass to my fast WRs. That doesn't mean that it'd be fun for me. That's why I don't do that.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #19
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
I also know that I could score a TD on 30-50% of pitch plays with a 99SPD HB or on 50% of CPU blitzes by audibliing to a PA pass to my fast WRs. That doesn't mean that it'd be fun for me. That's why I don't do that.
JMO, but this game isn't made this year to play against the CPU. The game is made for human vs. human matchups. This game is incredibly easy.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #20
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
JMO, but this game isn't made this year to play against the CPU. The game is made for human vs. human matchups. This game is incredibly easy.
I don't pay other people, but from what I've read on these forums, online play is nothing but offense (since the sliders don't work for person vs. person) and noone has to punt so it comes down to whoever has the ball last pretty much.

To me, that doesn't sound like it's made for person vs. person play.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #21
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
I don't pay other people, but from what I've read on these forums, online play is nothing but offense (since the sliders don't work for person vs. person) and noone has to punt so it comes down to whoever has the ball last pretty much.

To me, that doesn't sound like it's made for person vs. person play.
The people that are good can play defense. These people will force a lot of turnovers. Because there are so many turnovers there is a lack of punting. When I play the CPU there isn't much punting. I get at least 5 turnovers from the CPU whenever I play it.

This game isn't a simulation type game at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #22
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I don't run all man vs the CPU because it works "SO WELL" I do it because zone 10000% does NOT work on account that the CPU knows when and who to throw it to between zones perfectly by definition. Its like playing real football against GOD at QB and trying to zone cover his team. Your only chance is to try to lock up everyone in man to man and win the 1vs1 matches because God (the CPU QB) can find an opening in your zone any time it wants and there is NOTHING you can do about it.
I call zone 95% of the time.

3-4 normal cover 3 and cover 2
3-4 under cover 2 sink (Favorite play, I control the blitzing LB)

With my sliders on Heisman I am currently up 19-0 on Syracuse with Louisville. I know Syracuse stinks but then it's a good sign.

They are 5-9 passing with an INT (returned for TD). I have two sacks and forced two fumbles (returned one for TD). I have also blocked a punt.

My offense sucks this game, they have gotten me 3 points!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #23
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
The 335 against the run is OK as long as you are bringing heat. If you are sitting back and playing a zone you won't stop anyone even if you are zone blitzing.

Against human opponents this is OK because most human opponents don't understand not to mash down on the sprint button. If they mash down on the sprint button the defense become Hall of Famers for some reason. I just don't understand EA's programming logic at times.
So would you recommend using the 3-3-5 at all against a human option runner? Or would another defensive playbook be your first choice? Just wondering what approach you use when playing someone online that uses the option a lot?

A little unsure because I saw you mentioned 3-3-5 is OK because most humans mash the sprint button...but I'm wondering if there is a better alternative, especially against those who don't use sprint.

Thanks for the insight
Old 09-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #24
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
So would you recommend using the 3-3-5 at all against a human option runner? Or would another defensive playbook be your first choice? Just wondering what approach you use when playing someone online that uses the option a lot?

A little unsure because I saw you mentioned 3-3-5 is OK because most humans mash the sprint button...but I'm wondering if there is a better alternative, especially against those who don't use sprint.

Thanks for the insight
I really haven't played anyone that uses the option as their primary offense.

I would first tell the person using the option that they are using a broken offensive scheme. The option is not as broken as last year, however, the late pitch animation is still there making the option cheesey.

With the said, there are strong safety blitzes that will stop the option and the 335 can stop it. My goal is to put people in passing situations. If someone is really good at running the ball (or cheesing with the option) then they are probably not good at throwing the ball. Run man blitzes and force them into passing situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »