Home

Hypothesis on new/old game options

This is a discussion on Hypothesis on new/old game options within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #33
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Hypothesis on new/old game options

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMet89
Hey Adam,
Is there a way you could maybe tone down the graphics and spend more time on presentation. I know this sounds odd and I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I think sports gamers would love to see more in depth cutscenes or player intros, or maybe a pre-game show instead of really good graphics.
BTW I think you guys done a great job on visuals I'm just trying to ellaborate on some of the other guys thought.
thanks.
Toning down graphics wouldn't get us those features. All it would do would improve system performance, but we have the game running at 60 fps which we are happy with so no reason to tone them down.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #34
KOL
Charmer

KOL's Arena

OVR: 15

Will FCS Schools be in this coming year? Or is it too early to say.
Would day to night transition be added e.g if a game starts at six it will begin to get dark. Like real-time.
And, finally will you be changin the menus, IMO the old-gen style menus were perfectly done.
Thanks, Adam.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #35
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I imagine it would be possible.. however, we aren't short on disk space. If we were to release some more content later on, it would be done through Xbox Marketplace/Sony Store.
ah well that makes sense. i thought FCS wasnt done because of disc space. could still make a lot of money off of a $19.99 expansion disc. tap into that offline market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 12:38 AM   #36
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMet89
Will FCS Schools be in this coming year? Or is it too early to say.
Would day to night transition be added e.g if a game starts at six it will begin to get dark. Like real-time.
And, finally will you be changin the menus, IMO the old-gen style menus were perfectly done.
Thanks, Adam.
I believe FCS schools, day to night, and menu changing would all classify as features let alone part of NCAA '10. Adam has already said he cannot talk about NCAA '10 until at least January of 09. So it would be safe to say save these questions until then.......

No use trying to trick these guys into talking about next years game. Its not worth losing their jobs..... Im sure Adam will agree....

Old 09-19-2008, 01:22 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
okay thats one person. FFVII was a multi-disc game set and has sold 9.8million copies as of 2005.
-if the game is good enough people will buy it.
I love FFVII. It's the game that made me a gamer. But they didn't charge me $40 for disc 1, $40 for disc 2, and $10 for disc 3. It was on three discs because they were cd's, not dvds.

I don't want to encourage companies to force me to pay for extra content. It's basically BEGGING for extra content, and I guarantee you they will be obliged to leave it out of the game, and sell it to me later.

I don't think this is in the cards for EA, but it's a path we have to watch out for. Personally, I think it's already happening in quite a few games.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I don't want to encourage companies to force me to pay for extra content. It's basically BEGGING for extra content, and I guarantee you they will be obliged to leave it out of the game, and sell it to me later.
I think some companies have already tried this with xbox live marketplace with things like 3rd jerseys and such.

I believe it was a miserable failure. Maybe little kids will get their parents to bite but for those of us who have seen previous year's version containing the same things that were now being sold to us as extra.... well it doesnt take a genius to see through that.

I cant imagine how a extra disc or download could help a football game.

Halo maps, gta stories, etc... yeah i see that. But im spending 64 bucks for what should be a 100% working sports game. What could you possibly sell me on after that?

This makes zero sense to me.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:54 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
I think some companies have already tried this with xbox live marketplace with things like 3rd jerseys and such.

I believe it was a miserable failure. Maybe little kids will get their parents to bite but for those of us who have seen previous year's version containing the same things that were now being sold to us as extra.... well it doesnt take a genius to see through that.

I cant imagine how a extra disc or download could help a football game.

Halo maps, gta stories, etc... yeah i see that. But im spending 64 bucks for what should be a 100% working sports game. What could you possibly sell me on after that?

This makes zero sense to me.
I never said I'd buy it. That was kind of my point.....I won't buy stuff that should be in the game anyway, so if they make it extra I just won't ever get to use it. I don't want to encourage that in any way.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #40
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

One common misconception about premium downloadable content is that it was "taken out" of the game to be sold later at addition charges. This sounds pretty underhanded and unethical and ya know what, it would be. That's why it isn't done. At least not by EA. I can't speak for other companies obviously, but I doubt they do that either.

Any downloadable content that you would have to pay for is done in addition to the game's buget. Usually this is done by the game team after finalling the game. If the content is created during the game cycle, it would be done by people in addition to the game team. So it is not like we are selling 80% of the game for $60 and then charging you extra for the other 20%.

Think of it like optional equipment on a car. You have the base model for however much money, but if you want fancy wheels or the leather seats that costs extra.

You guys are right about nothing really worth buying extra for a football game. That's why there wasn't any in 08 or 09 (except for like gamer pics or whatever... I mean actual game content). We never came up with anything that made sense and was worth the additional investment. And trust me, there was pressure to come up with stuff! We're still throwing around ideas for premium content that makes sense and people would buy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »