Home

What's the most ridiculously good team you've ever had?

This is a discussion on What's the most ridiculously good team you've ever had? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
What's the most ridiculously good team you've ever had?

In year 2013 of my Michigan dynasty, I had a very good team. We were rated "A" across the board. We steamrolled everyone except for #2 and undefeated at the time, Ohio State (whom we beat by 3) on the way to the National Championship (our first). This team only had 9 SRs on it with 19 JRs. Of those 9 SRs, I think only 5 of them started (IE. most of my starters were underclassmen. This team even had the Heisman winner (my 2nd ever in any NCAA game) in a SO WR (it was awesome to finally have someone worthy of wearing the coveted #1 for Michigan).

Needless to say, after this season I expected to lose a LOT of younger kids due to the draft/transfer. I also don't allow myself to talk anyone into staying since it makes the game even easier than it already is, so I braced myself for the worst.

I go to the post season and see that I lost 1 (ONE!) kid early (my SO Thorpe winning CB went to the draft early). I couldn't believe my eyes! I expected to lose 10 or so kids early, and only lost 1. So I go forward to the next season and take a gander at my team. My ratings are A+ A+ A+ A+. My team's scores are 99, 99, 99. Here's the real kicker:
I have 21 (TWENTY-ONE!!!!!!) guys on my team rated 90 or better overall. In all my years of playing NCAA, I've never seen a team as stacked as this before. I've seen other 99 rated teams, but I've never seen one with so many 90+ rated players before. It's pretty ridiculous.

So, what's the best team you've had before?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-16-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What's the most ridiculously good team you've ever had?

Year 2 with Georgia, 2009, coming off undefeated 2008 season, barely, talked everyone into staying and had 7 5 star recruits come in, only lost a couple of starting seniors: Ellerbe, Owens, Massaquoi. Already had depth at each position so almost everyone 90+: including Moreno 99, Stafford 97, whole offensive line back, Defense all solid. Moved top LB Curran to SS to have top player at each starting position. Absolutely domination on offense and defense. A+ A+ A+ A+. Won back to back national titles, now 2010 is another story, rebuilding year with a loss of QB, HB, WR, FB, Oline, Dline, LB, CB, FS - - -ouch! luckily I have depth and good recruiting class, but should not win more than 9 games.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

I made it to year 3 with UM in my first dynasty with this game. I had recruited 5 WRs by then and the #1 QB. My slowest WR on the field was a 95 guy. I had a 6-7 WR with 98 speed on the outside. In game 1 of season 3 I was leading 66-7 at halftime with 440 yards passing. I turned it off and deleted the season. Pretty sure that was not going to be very fun as almost every pass was a TD.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Year 6 of my PITT dynasty every starter on Defense was 90 OVR or above. And the lowest Offensive OVR starter was 83 (K). Best team I ever had on any NCAA and beat everyone easily. Won my first NC against Texas 42-13. The following year I lost 4 Offensive starters and 5 Defensive starters due to Graduation or the Draft.
Luckily I had some depth and I scrapped out a bid to the NC for a 2nd straight year and beat Oklahoma 24-21.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've had a few dynasties where I just simmed all the games and did the recruiting so I could get 10 years into it real quick and see how all the teams turn out. In those, my team would get to where my backups were all low 90s OVR, my starters were high 90s OVR, and at some positions like HB and WR I was four or five deep with guys in the 90s. The CPU teams all degrade over time, so I wasn't just winning all the games (it's literally impossible to lose - I reloaded the dynasty one time and simmed against the next best team 15 times in a row and never lost), I was beating top 5 teams with scores like 70-7. Most of my guys had low stats and were never even semi-finalists for awards though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3

Year 8 in my WVU dynasty my entire team is rated as a 99, it's been like that too for a few years now. Seems like no matter how many guys that leave early or graduate, that 99 stays the same.

But I stopped playing it and started a dynasty with Miss St. I figure I'll go back to WVU every now and then just so I can have some fun with my 99 rated players and recruiting however many five stars I want. (I pulled in 12 five stars in one recruiting class once)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »