Home

Fumbles

This is a discussion on Fumbles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Fumbles

I am trying to figure out what to do to cause them because I rarely see them. Is it the Running back ability slider, the tackle slider, or the awareness slider?

I ask this because I am now playing with the AI DEF AWR at 100 and tackling at 60, human RBA is 50. I thought I'd get jacked up for a ton of fumbles, but just down't see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I am trying to figure out what to do to cause them because I rarely see them. Is it the Running back ability slider, the tackle slider, or the awareness slider?

I ask this because I am now playing with the AI DEF AWR at 100 and tackling at 60, human RBA is 50. I thought I'd get jacked up for a ton of fumbles, but just down't see it.
i was under the impression that there was a button to strip the ball, but i'm not sure exactly what it is off the top of my head.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

The strip button for Xbox 360 is A (not for sure on PS3, but would assume it's X). I never really have much success with it though. The majority of the time I've used it to try and get a strip on the ball carrier I end up with 15yd facemask penalties.

On the other hand, I've seen the computer get some really nice strip animations. For instance, in one game on a kick return they wrapped up my returner. Next thing you see, the guy on his back rips the ball out like you see players due on Saturday and Sunday. Eventhough I was a little ticked, I kept going back over the replay because I couldn't believe how real it looked.

Last edited by 65South; 09-16-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

The RBA and TAK have always been the right mix but this year i see less too. Might just be amount was tweaked down after alot of complaints on the past games.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
The RBA and TAK have always been the right mix but this year i see less too. Might just be amount was tweaked down after alot of complaints on the past games.
I think it is toned down. I am just trying to give the AI every possible advantage at this point. I have seen quite a few nice strip animations. The punch the ball out from behind is my favorite. I also love it when an end or a LB gets the sack with that spear animation, that can jar the ball out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

play in the rain heh. I had a game today Wash vs. OU and both teams fumbled twice.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Try to use the strip button but also try and time it to strip the player when he first receives the pass or run.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

There just aren't many fumbles this year which I don't have a real problem with. I think both myself and the cpu average about 0.2 a game according to my user stats. I'd rather have it too low than last year where I felt it was too high. The simple and easy solution is a fumble slider.

I did muff a punt and fumble the next kickoff last night which really hurt me in my lost to Texas. It felt like the Michigan-ND game as I was down 17-0 after the first quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »