Home

Online Dynasty recruiting question

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty recruiting question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #9
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Online Dynasty recruiting question

But still, the guy is Arizona! How does he even get 5-star guys to get him #1????
Old 09-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
But still, the guy is Arizona! How does he even get 5-star guys to get him #1????
dunno, I'm using Arizona in 1 of my Dynasties, and there were 0 5* recruits interested in my school in year 1.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #11
Rookie

RW Nole's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Exactly. This is what I am trying to figure out. Something isn't adding up here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 06:29 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Even if you totally understand the recruiting in this game and do everything right, there's still enough randomness that you're going to lose some prospects and not get a class like that with a school like that.

If it's possible to get out of the online dynasty without it saving and then reload it, I'd say he's doing that repeatedly until guys he offers commit on the spot. You always have a chance of getting it if you're #1 on the guy's list, and I've had some years where I'm lucky and a lot of the guys commit right when I offer. But to nail it on 13 5* when you're not even a good school seems like more than random luck. Just to get to #1 with 20 guys when you're Arizona seems more than lucky. He probably recruited small groups of them really hard then got the instant commits to free up time to go after the next group.

You could watch the guys he's recruiting and keep track of when his visits are and when he's offering to try to figure it out. He's probably pretty much done for this season though.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

I have never checked but after you get a kid to commit does his recruiting interests all reveal themselves to you or are the UNKNOWNS still marked UNKNOWN?

My guess he has done this:
Saves OD OFFLINE and then finds out the best pitches for everyone he wants to recruit. He then goes back to OD and simply goes straight to HARD PITCH the best pitches saving TONS of time. This enables him to get a HUGE jump on kids and get them in REALLY early for campus visit (plus he knows the 3 pitches for the visit already). He does this until he is #1 (very easy to get to if you know the 3 best pitches) then does the OFFER until you get IMMEDIATE VERBAL. This then frees up more and more time to get others. If I knew everyone's best pitches AND always got a verbal as soon as I was the #1 on their list, I would CLEAN house and get those type of recruits EASY. I am 95% sure that is what he is doing. IMO, be direct and ask him what he is doing and call him out. There is no way he is legit as that class would be impossible to get with USC by that point in the season. The fact that he is landing everyone before the off season is a DEAD giveaway that he is cheating.

The more I think about this the more I think that I could get 25 5-stars at Michigan with this process. IMO, that sux because I think the recruiting is pretty realistic this year unless you have people like that always cheating the system. BOOT HIM!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

As far as signing guys not interested, with a school like Arizona that has mostly 3 star guy interested I'm guessing...so he probably thinks he can pull those guys at the end of in the offseason.

I've done this with USC if you offer a guy who's a 5 star recruit even if you aren't in his top 10 but he has a high interest bar or maybe even doesn't if you offer the guy a scholarship in week 1 and find a pitch or 2 you can hard sell sometimes the guy will add you to his list maybe even at 1st, I've done this but it was with SC and not a small school.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #15
stewaat

OVR:

No way you can recruit that good with Arizona. I was in Year 3 of a dynasty with them and I've done really well recruiting with Notre Dame (10 5-star & 4 5-star in 2 seasons). With Arizona I had that one 5-star I had a shot with and the rest with 3/4. No way 13 5-stars would've been interested.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 17

Here is how I would go about verifying that he is cheating.

Simply save the dynasty as an OFFLINE dynasty yourself and then go to his team and look at the recruits. Look at their interests and if the only things open are all the best interests then you can know that is what he is doing.

You can also easily see who he is offering every week and simply keep note if he is landing everyone when they become his #1. This is really simple to do and takes almost no time and you don't have to save as offline dynasty. If he has NOT offered anyone on his list and every time you check there is no one offered and then BOOM, they verbal, you know he is resetting until they commit.

Let us know what you find. I am 98.614% sure he is cheating. Is this kid 12 or something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »