Home

Hypothesis on new/old game options

This is a discussion on Hypothesis on new/old game options within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Hypothesis on new/old game options

I got to thinking about this with all the talk for options like formation subs, create a team, coach play, etc.... that use to exist in old gen but is yet to be brought back to new gen as a "new feature" which it really isn't since it existed 7 years ago.

Does anyone else get the feeling that there is a spreadsheet or a white board somewhere that has all of these features that were deleted and that we want added back into the game so bad from last gen with a date on it in the future that is far enough removed that they can both call it "new" and spread them out so it constantly looks like they are making improvements to the game without actually having to come up with any new code to do it? Why else would we not get all the simple features back in year 2 of next gen at the latest? I think they are purposely spreading them out which they obviously can since there is no competition that can offer them to us any sooner.

What a shame....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Hypothesis on new/old game options

i posted a thread on this topic a few weeks ago and it was quickly locked by the mods - thanks.

but you are right they look at what we want so they know what not to put in the game. if they put what we wanted in to one years game, then why would we buy the game the next year?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

you should read the Q&A thread with OMT. He explains why features arent in the CG but are in the LG. and the process for putting features in.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
you should read the Q&A thread with OMT. He explains why features arent in the CG but are in the LG. and the process for putting features in.
If you can link me to something specific I would be glad to read but that thing is way to long to go hunting for particulars any more.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze

Does anyone else get the feeling that there is a spreadsheet or a white board somewhere that has all of these features that were deleted and that we want added back into the game so bad from last gen with a date on it in the future that is far enough removed that they can both call it "new" and spread them out so it constantly looks like they are making improvements to the game without actually having to come up with any new code to do it?
No. This does not exist.

Quote:
Why else would we not get all the simple features back in year 2 of next gen at the latest? I think they are purposely spreading them out which they obviously can since there is no competition that can offer them to us any sooner.
Because it isn't as simple as you believe it is.

Quote:
What a shame....
You're right, that WOULD be a shame if any of it was even remotely true. But it isn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
No. This does not exist.

Because it isn't as simple as you believe it is.

You're right, that WOULD be a shame if any of it was even remotely true. But it isn't.
But I personally believe it is a shame that EA has not put in things like Create-A-Team in next gen, while it is still in last gen games.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #7
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzed
But I personally believe it is a shame that EA has not put in things like Create-A-Team in next gen, while it is still in last gen games.
We were going to put in 09, but we did Online Dynasty instead.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We were going to put in 09, but we did Online Dynasty instead.
Can't please everyone, good choice.

Adam, do the visuals take up a large amount of resources/human hours and do you think they are essential to selling the game?

An answer would be appreciated if you can...I can see why you wouldn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »