Home

Beating the 3-3-5 (User v. User)

This is a discussion on Beating the 3-3-5 (User v. User) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Beating the 3-3-5 (User v. User)

I'm in an online dynasty and I can't beat the other guy in my conference because he uses the 3-3-5 and I can't seem to figure it out. I'd love any suggestions on what to run. I've tried running the ball (which in real life, works like a charm) but his safeties and linebackers shed my o-lineman very easily. I can't pass it at all against him because he's got so many DB's on the field. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Beating the 3-3-5 (User v. User)

Runs up the middle work fairly well but only out of the I-Form as the shutgon reads and off-tackles get chased down b/c of the speed of the D; also, try using a lot of motion to figure out if it's man coverage or zone
Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Call it cheezing, but throws to the flats(especially PA) kill this D all the time. With only 3down Lineman they usually blitz an LB. If they blitz on the side your throwing to, thats House right there. If they start to catch on or start to control the OLB's in an effort to user pick or break up your flat passes, hit 'em over the top, or across the middle. Once you get them worried about the flats it is much easier to run the ball up the gut(b/c LBs will be running to the flats). Like above poster said, use motion to see what they are running and audible accordingly. Also, as with any offense you need to decide whether you run to set up the pass, or pass to set up the run. against 3-3-5 i'd go with the latter.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
Call it cheezing, but throws to the flats(especially PA) kill this D all the time. With only 3down Lineman they usually blitz an LB. If they blitz on the side your throwing to, thats House right there. If they start to catch on or start to control the OLB's in an effort to user pick or break up your flat passes, hit 'em over the top, or across the middle. Once you get them worried about the flats it is much easier to run the ball up the gut(b/c LBs will be running to the flats). Like above poster said, use motion to see what they are running and audible accordingly. Also, as with any offense you need to decide whether you run to set up the pass, or pass to set up the run. against 3-3-5 i'd go with the latter.
Agreed. I just played a guy who used Michigan online and he ran this D. I ran pretty well especially with I-Form and Strong. I threw to the flats more than normal and he blitzed a good bit I had some really nice gains and YAC. Also, he blitzed a good bit and the plays where the slot guys do the quick comebacks just beyond the LOS worked really well also. I hope this and what Max said helps.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

This D is easy to run against. Count the guys in the box and count where the are lined up at with respect to the center. If there are 4 to your right then slide protect in that direction and cut back. If there are 4 to the left then do the opposite.

You also want to lead block. If you lab the running plays, in most cases the DE is the one player that blows up the run. If you take one of them out of the picture then your TE or OT can get a hat on a LB. It is fairly easy to pancake them.

Flats also don't work against the 335. It is easy to manually cover the flat and the Cover 2 zones work really well covering the deep ball in the 335. If someone really knows what they are doing you can even call a cover 3 and cover the flat. One of my favorite D's is 335 split Cover three. Hot route the blitzing LB and the wide side of the field to flat zone and move him closer to that area. Hot Route both DE's to contain. This D is money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

I strongly disagree that throwing to the flats doesnt work against a blitzing 3-3-5. In my experience it works like a charm. And if you read what I said, its really only about getting them conscious of the flat which will open up the run inside(which you said works great) I mean just look at the way the defense sets up. The defenders are already almost in the flat, if they blitz.. the flat is money. If they cover flat, runs are money. See? we agree.

Last edited by Maxattax3; 09-17-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
I strongly disagree that throwing to the flats doesnt work against a blitzing 3-3-5. In my experience it works like a charm. And if you read what I said, its really only about getting them conscious of the flat which will open up the run inside(which you said works great) I mean just look at the way the defense sets up. The defenders are already almost in the flat, if they blitz.. the flat is money. If they cover flat, runs are money. See? we agree.
You can agree to disagree.

The people you are playing don't understand or play the 335 correctly if the flats are always open.

I exclusively run this defense and very rarely get beat in the flats as my 178-36 online record would indicate. I don't like to talk about my record and have never mentioned it. But I ain't no scrub and I know what I am talking about.

Zone blitzes are crap on this game and basically a waste of time. When I blitz it is man to man when I expect run and I will manually cover the flats. Usually get at least 1 User Pick a Game from people like you that try this tactic. When you play zone, blitzing is just a waste.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »