Home

No updates from OMT, etc. on NCAA 2010?

This is a discussion on No updates from OMT, etc. on NCAA 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
No updates from OMT, etc. on NCAA 2010?

One would assume...

With all patches for NCAA 09 done, and considering it's almost October, the preliminary design/development would already be rolling along for NCAA 2010.

However, I haven't seen any info from OMT or any other EA guys.

I was hoping they would drop in and say "Hey fellas, here is what the major focus of 2010 will be on...."

I'm really hoping that the EA guys will keep their customer base in the loop year round since "coming out". I'd think now would be a big time to get consumer feedback since there is plenty of time in development.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: No updates from OMT, etc. on NCAA 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
One would assume...

With all patches for NCAA 09 done, and considering it's almost October, the preliminary design/development would already be rolling along for NCAA 2010.

However, I haven't seen any info from OMT or any other EA guys.

I was hoping they would drop in and say "Hey fellas, here is what the major focus of 2010 will be on...."

I'm really hoping that the EA guys will keep their customer base in the loop year round since "coming out". I'd think now would be a big time to get consumer feedback since there is plenty of time in development.
He said he isn't permitted to talk until January. He isn't the lead on NCAA like Ian is on Madden so he can't do anything without the lead's permission.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

on ncaastrategies.com they were asking for team intros or team specific things...i dont know if thats the new feature or focus for next year but they are asking for that.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't think we'll hear anything till early next year, or during the bowl season at the earliest.

But based on previous posts here are some likely things that may happen IMO:
- Bowl games will have the correct end zone art (not sure about patches)
- He mentioned that they are getting some new tech for this
- More stadiums - but for some reason I don't think all of them will be in
- Adam really wants these, but from the tone of his messages it seems as if they won't have the budget to do all
- Generic Intro and slightly improved presentation
- Too many people are asking for this for them to ignore it completely.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

If the only improvements are in the art, animation, and presentation, then I'll be highly disappointed and I'm sure most sports sim gamers will be as well.

If there isn't a complete overhaul of how ratings, sliders, and AI function then we probably won't see those things until the next gen consoles. Most big changes by EA seem to take 2-3 years to get right. We'll probably have great online dynasty mode in 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I do think they spent a ton of resources on the online dynasty mode. Furthermore, this was the third straight year they redid the player models. Adam said they won't touch them for next year. He also said they wanted to focus on the blocking which everyone knows needs work. They will have a lot of time to focus on refining the gameplay.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
If the only improvements are in the art, animation, and presentation, then I'll be highly disappointed and I'm sure most sports sim gamers will be as well.

If there isn't a complete overhaul of how ratings, sliders, and AI function then we probably won't see those things until the next gen consoles. Most big changes by EA seem to take 2-3 years to get right. We'll probably have great online dynasty mode in 2011.
The current AI is atrocious, but a complete overall isn't going to do you any good either. Think about, asking the same guys to create something from scratch is most likely going to leave us disappointed.

By the same token, youi can't have a GREAT online dynasty mode without great AI.

I agree with you, they need to just improve this game in its current state, no new features, no new mascots features, just fix what is broke and improve what is not broken.

We've all seen the AI play brilliantly at some times, rare, but I've seen it. I've seen them throw deep balls, jump routes, follow blocks, throw the ball away when pressured. I've seen alot of good things, but its so rare that I have to do a double take. When the AI threw the ball away when pressured, I got a blank stare on my face like I had just seen a Yeti. Same thing when they throw the 45 yard go route, did I just see that? Wait what was that, do it again. But it may never happen again and if it does, I'll take a video.

So my point is, if the game can play great some of the time, make it play great all the time.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

My #1 item on my wish list is also my #1 item of fear for next years game. I think that enough people have screamed that the CPU play calling AI needs overhauled and needs to be linked to how successful it is with the play call. However, my biggest fear is that if this sort of system is implemented (basic memory to record success of each play and weigh that into future play calls) that the computer might end up CHEESING us after it figures out that cheese is unstoppable and start taking advantage of the bad gameplay AI!!! This would truly be disastrous in every way/shape/form!

IMO, game play simply has to be fixed first and from there everything/anything can be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »